The Double-A Frisco RoughRiders’ Dr. Pepper Ballpark and the Class A Dayton Dragons’ Fifth Third Field recently were selected among the nation’s top 10 minor league ballparks by Baseball America.
Frisco and Dayton are owned by Mandalay Baseball Properties, which also owns the Erie SeaWolves, the Detroit Tigers’ Double-A Eastern League affiliate.
Dr. Pepper Ballpark in Frisco, Texas, ranked fifth on the list, while Dayton’s Fifth Third Field was seventh, the highest ranking of any Single-A facility.
The Reading Phillies are the lone Eastern League franchise to earn a rating, at No. 3, with FirstEnergy Stadium.
Baseball America’s top 10 minor league ballparks
1. Autozone Park, Memphis, Tenn., Triple-A Memphis Redbirds
2. The Dell Diamond, Round Rock, Texas, Triple-A Round Rock Express
3. FirstEnergy Stadium, Reading, Double-A Reading Phillies
4. Fifth Third Field, Toledo, Ohio, Triple-A Toledo Mud Hens
5. Dr. Pepper Ballpark, Frisco, Texas, Double-A Frisco RoughRiders
6. Whataburger Field, Corpus Christi, Texas, Double-A Corpus Christi Hooks
7. Fifth Third Field, Dayton, Ohio, Single-A Dayton Dragons
8. NewBridge Bank Park, Greensboro, N.C., Single-A Greensboro Grasshoppers
9. Louisville Slugger Field, Louisville, Ky., Triple-A Louisville Bats
10. Brighthosue Field, Clearwater, Fla., Single-A Clearwater Threshers