All 30 major league teams start the season with the same goal: Win the World Series.
So, as is the case every year, some teams have legitimate shots at that goal (Giants, Blue Jays, Nationals, Tigers, etc…) and some teams should feel lucky to even sniff .500 ball (Astros, Rockies, Twins, Mets, etc…).
It all starts this week as pitchers and catchers — followed by full squads – report for the start of spring training in Florida or Arizona.
With that in mind, check out these links to help scratch that spring training itch:
- The Bleacher Report ranks the Nationals as the odds-on favorite to win the World Series. Also, check out BR’s prediction for each team’s top prospect in camp and who will be a breakout player in 2013.
- The Plain Dealer’s Bud Shaw gives an in-depth view of the Cleveland Indians’ biggest offseason acquisition: Nick Swisher.
- Here’s a quick synopsis of the Indians’ offseason.
- The Pittsburgh Pirates think they can avoid a collapse this season.
- Fox Sports breaks down its offseason winners and losers (Ready for PED talk?).