It won’t be long until spring break, and here are great secrets to your own home-spray-tan from Toni Brattin of www.tansecret.com. Brattin is the founder and owner of Toni Brattin & Co., Inc., a beauty and cosmetics company featured on Home Shopping Network (HSN) at one time.
- Spot-Test First – If you’re worried about a reaction on sensitive skin, test the product on a small area of skin.
- Choose a foam – A consistency of mousse more easily spreads on the skin.
- If you want a quick tan, make sure you choose one that says it is quick acting and dries quickly.
- What smells — check the active ingredients. Dihydroxyacetone and erythrulose are chemicals that have a distinct odors that smell days later. Not all tanners are created equal.
- Be careful with sprays –“Some of the tanning sprays are very apt to produce overspray which is then inhaled, and some people don’t react well to that,” said Brattin. She advises wearing a mask or holding your breath.
- The spray can settle all over the room you’re in, so choose the garage or outdoors.
- Use gloves to prevent discoloration on your hands — “That’s why we provide gloves and an applicator wand with every bottle of Tan Secret® Instant Tanning Foam,” Brattin said.
Toni Brattin is the founder and owner of Toni Brattin & Co., Inc., a beauty and cosmetics company based in the Oklahoma City, Okla., area.