It’s going to hit 93 degrees tomorrow, and the recent hot and dry spells remind me of air conditioner-less days as a kid when my dad got a kick out of Johnny Carson’s shtick on “The Tonight Show” that started off with news of a hot day in Burbank. The audience would all in unison, and on cue, ask, “How hot was it?” Some of his responses were pretty funny. Here are just a few of the memorable one-liners from http://www.jokes4us.com/peoplejokes/comedianjokes/johnnycarsonjokes.html and http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1326791/posts and http://voices.yahoo.com/how-hot-it-3705276.html
It was so hot today that
- I saw a robin dipping his worm in Nestea.
- Burger King was singing, “if you want it your way, cook it yourself.”
- Musicians were snorting ice cubes.
- I saw a Brinks truck with a screen door on it!
- Not only can you fry an egg on the sidewalk, but you can toast the English muffin, too.
- Your Odor Eaters have sent up a white flag.
- The greyhound, on the side of the bus, is carrying a bottle of Gatorade.
- At the beach, you can get sunburned underwater.
- The onion rings you have under your arm aren’t from Burger King.
- Fire ants are carrying personal fans.