Natural, gluten- and GMO-free candy? With a name like The Lovely Candy Company, you gotta love it. The company makes delicious, caramels, chocolate chews, licorice drops, super fruit chews and fruit chews.
In 2013, Chicago’s Mike and Jackie Nakamura wanted an all-natural candy line, so they made their own. Mike is also the CEO of Bem Wireless in Chicago.
The all-natural line is soy-free and contains no high fructose corn syrup, artificial flavors, colors or preservatives — a perfect choice for people with food sensitivities and celiac disease. Flavors include:
- Lovely Candy Original Chewy Caramels — these were the biggest hit at our office. Everyone loved them.
- Lovely Candy Chocolate Swirl Caramels
- Lovely Candy Super Fruit Chews (in Cranberry, Raspberry and Blueberry)
- Lovely Candy Fruit Chews (in Apple, Cherry and Blackberry)
- Lovely Candy Organic Cherry Licorice Drops
You can buy the candy at national retailers including Giant Eagle Market District, Target, Hallmark, Home Goods, Fresh Market, Lassen’s, Bristol Farms, Eli Zabar and Metropolitan City Market. Or you can online — click here — buy three bags and get free shipping for $13.48, a discount on the regular $17.97 price.