Well tongues are wagging. At the sole of the matter is a survey of the shoes men felt were least attractive on women. No, it wasn’t flip-flops — although I am not a real fan of flip-flops because you announce your arrival in flip-flops long before you arrive!
I am also personally not a fan of kitten heels or flats, but the research at CouponCodes4u.com says of the 2,103 American men surveyed, they dislike wedges the most. They ranked their least favorite 10 shoes, so that means 71 percent of them disliked the wedge. Wow!
But the Today show took this survey to another level. The stylists posted the survey for anyone to vote, but you can only vote for one shoe where the CouponCodes4u.com ranked 10 shoes.
The Today survey, as of today — Fashion Friday, has 37,688 votes, and the results are overwhelmingly against Crocs. Below are the survey results of CouponCodes4u.com and Today show next to it. Go vote at Today show!
1. Wedge shoes 71 percent/ Today: 10 percent
2. Uggs. 67 percent/ Today: 16 percent. I’m not a fan of these as a fashion statement, but oh do they feel good and warm!
3. Crocs 63 percent/ Today: 44 percent
4. Platforms 58 percent/ Today: 8 percent
5. Flip flops 55 percent/ Today: 8 percent
6. Moccasins 49 percent/ Today: 5 percent
7. Mary Janes 42 percent/ Today: 3 percent
8. Ballet slippers 37 percent/ Today: 3 percent
9. Kitten heels 34 percent/ not on the Today survey
10. Sneakers 25 percent/ Today: 1 percent