This one is from Peebles. It’s $70, and at Macys, I found 65 choices for white dresses.
You gotta love a name like White Haute Fashions. Click on that link for some great looks — white with plenty of colorful accessories to pop some style.
Memorial Day weekend is the perfect time to bring out a LWD (little white dress!) But pay close attention to details when you wear white — here are stylist Christie Maruka’s top 10 fashion advisories on wearing white:
1. It doesn’t work for everyone. If it washes you out, skip white and buy some color.
2. White can be unforgiving. As for jeans, make sure they are not cropped, or they can make your legs look shorter. Pass on white skinny jeans unless you are very slim.
3. Don’t forget stripes with white, especially navy and black stripes.
4. Accessorize with bright colors such as coral, turquoise or royal blue. A handbag, sandal or scarf in wild shades can make white pop.
5. It’s critical to wear undies that match your skin tone.
6. Avoid white satin or polyester.
7. Beware of cling. White does show every bra or panty line.
8. Avoid white for photos. It adds pounds. Trust us on this one.
9. Make sure it’s opaque.
10. Buy quality white pieces that you can wear year after year.
For more info on Maruka visit fashionfixnj.com.
Pam Parker is the editor of Lake Erie LifeStyle, Her Times andHouse to Home at the Erie Times-News in Erie, Pa. She is the mom of three, stepmom to three and step grandmom to two.