It’s the first day of spring, and what better day to spring a proposal? David’s Bridal sent me an update on wedding etiquette — social-media style. Here’s the unveiling (get it un-veiling):
- Skype a seat 49 percent of all respondents would consider “skype-ing” their wedding.
- Hold the phone! 56 percent of newlywed women think it’s important to have social media rules at the wedding.
- 61 percent forbid their bridesmaids from uploading pics of the bride donning her dress before the ceremony
- 52 percent say the bride and groom must be the first to post a picture of their wedding to a social media site.
- 3-year-old Pinterest is the ultimate tool for brides-to-be. 46 percent wouldn’t use an idea they found on a friend’s Pinterest board!
- Phone it in – 68 percent of brides text fitting pictures to family and post videos on a social media site.
- Cover it live – Last month, TheKnot.com held a live-streamed, crowd sourced wedding, and Brides magazine plans a live-streamed Facebook wedding. Companies like I Do Stream and Marry Me Live even offer webcasting services.
Thanks to Stacey Tropeano, senior account executive at Coyne Public Relations in New Jersey for the latest news on social media.