Baby boomers know Shirley Bassey, and this morning — so does everyone else. She’s the 76-year-old chanteuse who belted out the James Bond hit ”Goldfinger” to a standing ovation at the Oscars. Watch her sing at the 3 minute mark in the video tribute to Bond.
Bond won more accolades with Adele’s Oscar for best song for “Skyfall.”
The host seemed to do well. Seth McFarlane was ahead on the Zapitpoll early this morning as best host in five years.
- “Argo” won for best movie with Ben Affleck, George Clooney and Grant Heslov as producers.
- Daniel Day-Lewis won his third Oscar for his portrayal of Abraham Lincoln in “Lincoln.”
- Jennifer Lawrence, 22, won best-actress in “Silver Linings Playbook.” Her dress tripped up on her way up the stairs.
- Ang Lee hit it big as best director for “Life of Pi.” The movie won a lot of awards.
- Anne Hathaway won supporting-actress Oscar in the musical “Les Miserables.” And the entire cast sang during the Oscars — another huge highlight.
- Christoph Waltz won supporting-actor in “Django Unchained,” and Quentin Tarantino won for original screenplay for “Django.”