I might have mentioned my family of three will be home Christmas Eve and Christmas Day this year for the first time. I want to have something special for breakfast, but I don’t want a bunch of leftovers or hassle This looks like it will work. I have some precious pure maple syrup in the pantry that’s burning a hole in my pocket. I can’t wait to use it. The recipe comes highly rated from Allrecipes.com
French Toast Casserole
- 5 cups bread cubes
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup white sugar, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly butter an 8×8 inch baking pan.
- Line bottom of pan with bread cubes. In a large bowl, beat together eggs, milk, 2 tablespoons sugar, salt and vanilla. pour egg mixture over bread. Dot with margarine; let stand for 10 minutes.
- Combine remaining 2 tablespoons sugar with 1 teaspoon cinnamon and sprinkle over the top. Bake in preheated oven about 45 to 50 minutes, until top is golden.