Anyway, I found one. You might have noticed that he posted a comment here two days ago, requesting a reprisal. I did it last night, just because. He practically melted.
Here is the recipe I settled on. I got the basics from an Allrecipes.com submission, but changed it up to fit my druthers.
I’m thinking of adding avocado next time, but this gets pretty deep as it is. Drain the salsa to keep the liquid from making everything soggy.
SEVEN-LAYER TACO DIP
1 (1.25 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
1 (16-ounce) can vegetarian refried beans
1 (8 ounce) package reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
1 (16-ounce) container reduced-fat sour cream
1 (16-ounce) jar salsa, drained of excess juice
1 green bell pepper, diced
1 bunch chopped green onions
1 (15-ounce) can sliced black olives, drained
2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
1. In a medium bowl, blend the taco seasoning mix and refried beans.
2. Spread the cream cheese evenly over the bottom of a 9-by-13-inch baking dish
3. Top the cream cheese with refried beans mixture.
4. Top the beans with sour cream.
5. Top the sour cream with salsa.
6. Top the salsa with diced green pepper, green onions and black olives.
7. Top it all with the cheese.
8. Chill and serve with Fritos or Tostitos Scoops.