It’s leftovers night at my house. And then clean-the-fridge night. I’m afraid. Very afraid. I always know it’s time because I’m out of plastic containers. Which means they’re all in the back of the fridge harboring God knows what.
I tell you this in the spirit of decluttering my life, which leads to TWO COOKBOOKS THAT I NEED TO GET OFF MY DESK:
“Ultimate Camp Cooking,” by Mike Faverman and Pat Mac (This is my second copy. I gave the other one away a while back.)
“West Point Market Cookbook,” by Russ Vernon of the West Point Market in Akron, Ohio.
If you want one or both, send an e-mail to email@example.com.
Include your name, your address and which book you want. I’ll wait until Monday and then pick a name at random for each title.
If you’re looking for a recipe, this one looks good to me:
ITALIAN BAKED CHICKEN: SERVES 2
3/4 cup fat-free ranch salad dressing
4 garlic cloves, minced
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine salad dressing and garlic; add the chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, in a small, shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese and pepper.
3. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
4. Drain and discard marinade. Roll chicken in crumb mixture. Place in an 8-inch square baking dish, coated with cooking spray. Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until chicken juices run clear.
– Healthy Cooking from Taste of Home, July 2011.