I was home scarfing down grilled food yesterday, finishing it off with Strawberry Pretzel Salad (see past post).
For this reason, book-drawing Wednesday is taking place on Thursday.
Thanks to everyone who entered the drawing for “Homemade Preserves & Jams,” by Mary Tregellas.
Meagan Bielanin is the winner. I’ll pop the book in the mail today.
If you are not Meagan Bielanin, you are eligible for the drawing for “The Muffin Tin Cookbook,” by Brette Sember with Melinda Boyd. The jacket says “200 fast, delicious mini-pies, pasta cups, gourmet pockets, veggie cakes and more.”
Sounds good enough to eat. The food, I mean. Not the book.
To enter the drawing, please send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org including your NAME, MAILING ADDRESS and NAME OF THE BOOK you want. This information will not be stored or shared.
Here’s a recipe that looks good:
BUFFALO CHICKEN BITES
1 stalk celery, chopped finely
1 pound lean ground chicken
3 tablespoons melted, unsalted butter
Salt and pepper to taste
3/4 cup panko, plus additional for topping
2 tablespoons blue cheese crumbles
2 tablespoons (!) Frank’s Red Hot (1 tablespoon might do it)
About 6 ounces blue cheese dressing
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees and prepare 33 mini-muffin cups by spraying with cooking spray. (Most mini-muffin pans seat 24, so you might have to bake them in batches.)
2. Mix all ingredients except dressing in a bowl.
3. Divide among muffin tins, filling wells 3/4 full.
4. Place about 1 teaspoon blue cheese dressing on top of each and sprinkle about 1/2 teaspoon of panko on each. Spray tops with cooking spray.
5. Bake for 10 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
– “The Muffin Tin Cookbook”