The festival will take place on Oct. 20 and last from 10 a.m. until sunset.
Volunteers will run games and activities, serve meals and register participants. The full list of volunteer roles is below:
· Basketball Shoot Out Game: Oversee this fun game of shooting hoops and hand out prizes to the winners.
· Magician’s Assistant: Help the magician with his tricks
· Tie Dye: assist children in tie dyeing t-shirts.
· Bounce House and Obstacle Course: Monitor the children’s use of the bounce house and Obstacle Course
· Kid’s Games: Organize games ranging from Hop-Scotch to
Ring Toss Games.
· Face Painting and Crafts: Design and paint the faces of the
children and help them with crafts.
· Maple Donuts On A String: Help attach the donuts and oversee the game.
· Cake/Wine Walk: Organize these games including collecting the money, setting up the squares and drawing the winning number.
· Bingo/Small Games of Chance: Help call numbers and hand out
prizes and selling games of chance.
· Johnny Apple Seed: Dress up in provided costumes and hand
· Haunted Trail: Dress up in provided costumes and haunt the
visitors to the trails.
· Breakfast, lunch and dinner: Help with set-up, serving and clean-up.
· Parking Attendant: Direct cars to park and collect parking fee.
· Registration Table: Register visitors and distribute information packets.
· 50/50 Sellers: Sell 50/50 tickets throughout the day.
· Chinese Auction: Help organize donations, sell tickets, pull winning numbers and organize winners with prizes.
More information about volunteer shifts can be found on the YMCA’s website.
To get involved, contact Victoria Stilson, community involvement and member engagement coordinator at the YMCA, at 452-3261 Ext. 240 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.