Get your hands dirty for the Tom Ridge Environmental Center.
The center needs help maintaining the Friends of TREC sponsored gardens. It is looking for adults and young people ages 13 and older.
Volunteers can work on Wednesday from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. and/or Sunday from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
No gardening experience is needed, but here’s a message from the Friends of TREC’s website:
1. Gardening is a physical, outdoor activity. Please be sure that you are physically capable of the suggested task. Don’t try to exceed your abilities!
2. Dress for the weather. Light layers are suggested; closed toe shoes are a must! Pants and long sleeved shirts are recommended. Broad-Brimmed hats on sunny days limit sun exposure.
3. Sunscreen and insect repellant are recommended.
4. Please provide your own beverage also!
5. All volunteers must fill out a DCNR Volunteer form, which will be provided by the Volunteer Coordinator.
To get involved, fill out this volunteer application. For more information, call Jen Salem, volunteer garden coordinator, at 833-7424, or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Photo courtesy of Friends of TREC