Crime Victim Center needs volunteers for its annual signature gala, Moonlight on the Bay. The event takes place Friday, Sept. 6, 7:30 to 10:30 p.m., at Presque Isle State Park’s Perry Monument.
Approximately 400 guests are expected, and volunteers are needed in the following areas:
- 1. Setup, between noon and 5 p.m. on the day of the event. This includes assisting vendors and staff with setting up tables and chairs and decorating. Some lifting will be required.
2. Cleanup, on Sept. 7, from 10 a.m. to noon.
3. Parking, during the event, from 5:45 to 11 p.m. Direct traffic and assist in pointing parking areas. Dress in black pants and white shirt with collar.
4. Bartending, during the event, 5:45 to 11 p.m. Must have bartending, catering, and/or serving experience. Volunteers will assist caterers in pouring and passing sparkling wine, and in manning bar, pouring wine and soft drinks. Dress in black pants and white shirt with collar.
5. Additional volunteers to help with a variety of tasks that arise during the event, from 5:45 to 11 p.m. Tasks might include helping with registration, assisting staff in the flow of the event or addressing other needs that arise. Dress in black pants and white shirt with collar.
All volunteers other than those performing setup and cleanup are required to attend a 30-minute orientation/training/informational session at CVC. Date and time are to be announced and are flexible.
Certification of service hours will be provided to anyone who needs them.
For more information or to volunteer, call Martine at 455-9414 or send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information on the event itself, visit www.cvcerie.org.