Community Connection
Blogs » Community Connection
By Ginny Tonkin GoErie.com staff blogger
Ginny Tonkin loves traveling off the beaten path, learning about new cultures through food, and everything outdoors. She recently spent eight months teaching English in Vietnam, and loves swapping travel stories.   Read more about this blog.
 Phone: 814-464-5589
Posted: September 30th, 2011

I don’t like horror movies. And I normally only go along on haunted house tours unless friends are dragging me. But I would gladly return

Read the rest of this entry »

Posted in: Crawford County
Posted: September 21st, 2011

“Maraschino cherries count as a fruit serving, right?” joked Kitty Freeze from behind the counter at the Queen City Café & Gallery. I had wandered into the

Posted: September 15th, 2011

Despite the high of 56° F today that firmly pushed summer out of sight, over 120 teams gathered to play at the Meadville Area Chamber of

Posted: September 14th, 2011

Ten years ago, Dan Crandall was setting up for the 5th Annual Taste of Meadville. The earlier events of the day September 11, 2001, had

Posted: September 13th, 2011

Tonight, I’m gearing up for my first Taste of Meadville. The fifteen-year-old event showcases 30 different local food establishments at the Meadville Market House in

Posted: September 10th, 2011

Today, riders gathered at Street Track ‘n Trail in Conneaut Lake to depart for Shanksville, Pa. as part of the Let’s Roll Memorial Ride commemorating

Posted: September 10th, 2011

Saturday was the last Second Saturday Community Market at the Meadville Market House. Check out photos from our photo gallery here. Were you there? We’d

Posted: September 9th, 2011

Julie Scott’s mother survived breast cancer–three times. That’s one of the many reasons why she’s been involved with the Pink Ribbon Charity Classic Horse Show

Posted: September 9th, 2011

This Saturday is the last Second Saturday Community Market at the Meadville Market House this summer. The event, which started in May, has seen great

Posted: September 7th, 2011

This weekend marks the tenth anniversary of the September 11 attacks. In Pennsylvania, the nation commemorates Flight 93 in Shanksville at the Flight 93 National Memorial. GoErie.com and

Switch to our mobile site