That’s according to a new poll just released by the Public Policy Polling Institute, which claims that the U.S. Congress, according to the survey, had a 9% favorability rating with 85% of voters viewing it in a negative light.
But what does that mean, the Institute wanted to know? Using a different tactic to measure popularity, it listed 26 unpleasant things and asked people to compare Congress to them. Here are some of those comparisons, with the percentages representing favorability–the higher, the more favorable:
1) Lice 67 Congress 19
2) Brussel sprouts 69 Congress 23
3) NFL Replacement Refs 56 Congressmen 29 (the breakdown among Packers fans might be a little bit different).
4) Colonoscopies 58 Congress 31
5) Root Canals 56 Congress 32
6) Traffic Jams 56 Congress 34
Congress was in a dead heat with Donald Trump, Lindsay Lohan and telemarketers.
Public Policy Institute of California is an independent, nonpartisan, non-profit research institution. Based in San Francisco, California. PPP surveyed 830 American voters from January 3rd to 6th. To read more, click here.