I asked area runners: What running-related item are you hoping to find under the tree this year?
The Nike fuel band is pretty interesting. — Jessie Zahner
I’d love to see a Garmin Forerunner 610 under the tree. — Bethany Kelley
The time & energy to run again! — Renee York
I’d like a new reflective jacket. My old one is slowly wearing out from constant use. — Christine Vassen
New running shoes from Achilles Running Shop! — Michelle Hetrick
New toenails! — Ange Eberlein
Yaktrax, unless our winter is like last year’s winter…which is also a request! — Greg Cooper (EDITOR’S NOTE: Check out these new Yaks, made especially for running shoes)
A headlamp — Rob Kolodziejczak
The only thing on my wish list is my wonderful girlfriend and awesome elite runner, Allison Jeric-Carroll. — Pat Krott
Gloves! — Eloise Hawking
A new P.R. — Tom Toale
As for me, here’s what’s on my wish list (and, no, Dan, this doesn’t mean that you should run out and put all this on our credit card!):
• Running Medals Display – $28 at Etsy
• Pathfinder Soft-shell jacket — $75 at LL Bean (this is for skiing more than running, but…still)
• Sport Journal’s Beginners Guide – $6 at sportjournals.com
• Winter running beanie(s) with ponytail hole — $15 to $20 (cause, yep, I have a little ponytail now!)
• A new windbreaker or two — $20 to $30 (mine are showing their age!)
• Garmin Forerunner10 — $120 (so I can sell that complicated and hated Forerunner 405 that I have)
• Practical Paleo: A Customized Approach to Health & Whole-Foods Lifestyle paperbook — $22 at Amazon.com.
• “Born to Run” – kindle version. I have a hard cover copy of this book, which I never read/carry around because it’s enormous.
Need more ideas?
Check out this Active.com slideshow listing the top gifts for athletic women. I wouldn’t mind receiving a few of these, especially the Yurbuds because I have never been able to wear earbuds while running.