- Erie Living
- Real Estate
- Weekly Ads
* The New York Times’ Room For Debate: Addicted to Endorphins “Is all this emphasis on exercise healthy, or dangerously compulsive? Can exercise like running be addictive?” Some interesting food for thought here.
* A 12-Million Step Recovery Program. Don’t know how I missed this when it was published in the Washington Post in May, but…it’s an amazing story. “Walter Barrera chose ultra long-distance running over crack cocaine, he was able to slowly start putting his life back together.”
* Kara Goucher: You Can’t Always Get What You Want. (Love this woman!)
* Planning to run your first 6.2? Here are 10 Tips for Running a 10K.
* Runners, Yeah, we’re different. (I think I’ve done every one of these…you?)
* 4 ways to stop side stitches (from Shape.com)
* Tsk, tsk, NY Times, I think we all know the answer to this question: Is it Better to Walk or Run?
* Headed out of town? Tips for traveling runners
Your new cross-training routine? (I thought this was a joke, but…um….no, this is for real. And, if I see you doing it, I will absolutely laugh at you) “We’re going to really cut the noose, and let it loose with the Prancercise Gallop!”
Available here in various sizes/styles…on shirts and mugs, tote bags, etc. Buy something for your most loyal supporter!
* Dogs get high, too, but ferrets don’t.
* Does it seem like it takes longer to recover the older you get? Um, it does. Here’s why.
* For the ladies: Jezebel: If You Must Think About your Weight, Here Are 10 Things to Think About Warning: there are plenty of f-bombs in this article, but this is probably the greatest thing I’ve read in…well, ever. I’m at that stage where I’m pissed off about this situation we’ve all bought into. I’m sick of women’s magazines and fitness magazines and women’s expos that are full of ways for us to fix ourselves — lose weight, fix your hair, get the whitest teeth, cook better….f@#$ you, I’m fine the way I am. READ THIS. PRINT IT OUT. GET MAD.
Hmmm….now this treadmill workout could possibly hold my interest:
For all my ultra-running friends. (This is a JOKE…though, you have to admit….it’s funny because most of it is true, right?). LOL.
Available here for $19.97.
Big Brother Fitbit Flex is watching tracking you. If you’re looking to get a handle on exactly how much exercise you’re getting every day and are considering strapping on a fitness tracker (think those armband things you wear that meausure your activities, calorie burn, sleep, etc.), word has it the new Fitbit Flex is the cream of the current crop.
* Should you eat before a morning workout? Probably.
* Too busy to train for a marathon? Here’s one that anyone…and I do mean anyone…can finish.
* The real cause of muscle cramps (it’s not what you might think) and how to avoid them. (I can vouch for this…learned it the hard way)
Leave it to SNL to do the best parody commercials ever. This New Balance commercial is hysterical:
T-shirt of the Week
In honor of tonight’s final episode of The Office, the classic Michael Scott’s Dunder Mifflin Scranton Meredith Palmer Memorial Celebrity Rabies Awareness Pro-Am Fun Run Race For the Cure race T-shirt:
Available here for $16.95.