Posts tagged erie playhouse
There’s a 5K for everyone this weekend with seven — count ‘em, seven — of them being offered in nearby locations this extended holiday weekend (Monday is Columbus Day…so get out all your Nina, Pinta and Santa Maria decorations!).
Saturday’s racing options:
* 5k Run to End Trafficking – Corry American Legion, Corry, Pa.
* Harvest Hoof-It — Penn State Behrend, Erie, Pa.
* Zombie 5k — A zombie fun run put on by the Erie Playhouse at Brown’s Farm, Millcreek, Pa.
* Lucy Town 5k — Jamestown Savings Bank Arena, Jamestown, N.Y.
* Hermitage House 5k Run/Walk — Hermitage House South Campus, Cambridge Springs, Pa.
* Warren SuperKwik Half Marathon Challenge — Warren, Pa.
*Lucy Town Half Marathon — Jamestown Savings Bank Arena, Jamestown, N.Y.
* Pink Warrior 5k — Presque Isle Wine Cellars, North East, Pa.
Monday — special Columbus Day 5K offering
* Columbus Fire Dept 5k — Columbus Vol. Fire Dept., Columbus, Pa.
As for me, I’ll be joining four girlfriends for 26.2 miles around Baltimore, Maryland. If you care to track me, Cyndie, Robin and/or Leann, you can sign up to do so here. Don’t expect much….our intentions are to run slow, talk all the way and make Jessie & Leann’s first marathon a fun and memorable one.
So….a reader requested a list of area adventure & fun runs within a 2-hour driving distance and, I was like…sure, no problem. Then I spent like four hours compiling this list because there are so many! Who knew? Now we all do.
Whatever trips your trigger (mud, color, girls-only, seriously tough, etc.), there’s a race for you nearby. Heck, there are 5 cool ones right here in Erie!
BTW — there are many more races in PA, Ohio & NY…I just stuck to the ones that I felt were within an easy driving distance. If I’ve left any off the list, comment below or email me at zipdang22 at aol.
* Jog ‘n Hog — Presque Isle State Park – June 15 (Run 2 miles, eat pepperoni balls, run back 2 miles)
* Erie Day School Fun Color Run & Walk — Camp Notre Dame in Fairview — June 15 (color run/walk, not timed, very family friendly)
* 3 Mile Isle – Presque Isle State Park – July 27 (Three-mile obstacle/adventure run)
* Beast on the Bay - Presque Isle State Park – September 7 (Erie’s biggest obstacle course — 4, 6, 8 and 12-mile options)
* Mud on the Mountain — Seven Springs, PA — May 11 (7.7 mile/26-obstacle mud/adventure run)
* Dirty Girl 5K — Pittsburgh, PA — June 8 (5K mud run that caters to women)
* Project Mud — Wampump, PA — July 13 (5K mud run)
* Run for Your Lives — Wampum, PA — August 3 (5K obstacle/zombie course)
* Muddy & Messy 5K — Conneaut Lake, PA — July 27 (5K mud/adventure run)
* Warrior Dash — Long Pond, PA — Aug. 24 (3.32-mile mud run)
* Gladiator Rock ‘n Run — Export, PA — Sept. 7 (5K mud run)
* Savage Race — Albrightsville, PA — Sept. 14 (4-6-mile mud run)
* Hardcore Mud Run — Phillipsburg, PA — Sept. 28-29 (6.5-mile obstacle course with 18 to 20 obstacles -hardcore)
* Warrior Dash — Butler, OH — June 1-2— (3.2 mile mud run)
* Cleveland Challenge Urban Adventure Race — Cleveland, OH — June 8 (5K “Amazing Race” style scavenger hunt race)
* Dirty Girl 5K — Cleveland, OH — July 20 (5K mud run that caters to women)
* Color Run — Cleveland, OH — Sept. 21 (5K “color run”)
* Kiss me Dirty 5K — Kissing Bridge Ski Resort — June 1 & 2 (5K mud run for women — men can race in drag!)
* Holiday Valley Mudslide — Ellicottville, N.Y. — June 15 (3.5 or 5.4- mile mud run — no shocks, no fire, no barbed wire)
* Color Me Rad — Darian Lake, NY — June 22 (5K color run)
* Tough Mudder — Andover, NY — July 27 & 28 (10 to 12-mile obstacle course – hard core)
* Color Run — Buffalo, NY — Aug. 17 (5K “color run”)
* Hardcore Mud Run — Swain, NY — Aug. 17 (6.5-mile obstacle course with 18 to 20 obstacles, hardcore)
* Run For Your Lives — Batavia, NY — Aug. 17 (5K obstacle/zombie course)
* Tough Mudder — St. Clairsville, OH — Aug. 24 & 25 (10 to 12-mile obstacle course – hard core)
* Dirty Girl 5K — Buffalo, NY — Sept. 7 & 8 (5K mud run that caters to women)
* Muddy Viking — Bemus Point, NY — Oct. 5 (Four-mile mud run)