Posts tagged zombie run
You’ve got options this weekend with four 5Ks in the area:
Friday — Twilight 5K
Friday evening is the Twilight 5K at Penn State Behrend — a candlelight run through campus. Kids fun run starts at 6 p.m., 5K starts at 6:20 p.m. and 2-mile walk starts at 6:25 p.m. Application and information here.
Saturday – Zombie Run & Trick or Trot
There is, apparently, another Zombie run this weekend at Beach No. 11 at Presque Isle State Park. I hadn’t heard anything about this event until I saw it listed on the ERC’s upcoming regional race list. According to the race application, proceeds benefit Special Olympics.
Sunday —Boo Run Run 5K
Sunday morning is Safenet’s annual Halloween trail & sand adventure — the Boo Run Run 5K at Beach No. 9 at Presque Isle State Park. Costumes are encouraged…and are always creative! Prizes for the best costumes. Information & application here.
So….a reader requested a list of area adventure & fun runs within a 2-hour driving distance and, I was like…sure, no problem. Then I spent like four hours compiling this list because there are so many! Who knew? Now we all do.
Whatever trips your trigger (mud, color, girls-only, seriously tough, etc.), there’s a race for you nearby. Heck, there are 5 cool ones right here in Erie!
BTW — there are many more races in PA, Ohio & NY…I just stuck to the ones that I felt were within an easy driving distance. If I’ve left any off the list, comment below or email me at zipdang22 at aol.
* Jog ‘n Hog — Presque Isle State Park – June 15 (Run 2 miles, eat pepperoni balls, run back 2 miles)
* Erie Day School Fun Color Run & Walk — Camp Notre Dame in Fairview — June 15 (color run/walk, not timed, very family friendly)
* 3 Mile Isle – Presque Isle State Park – July 27 (Three-mile obstacle/adventure run)
* Beast on the Bay - Presque Isle State Park – September 7 (Erie’s biggest obstacle course — 4, 6, 8 and 12-mile options)
* Mud on the Mountain — Seven Springs, PA — May 11 (7.7 mile/26-obstacle mud/adventure run)
* Dirty Girl 5K — Pittsburgh, PA — June 8 (5K mud run that caters to women)
* Project Mud — Wampump, PA — July 13 (5K mud run)
* Run for Your Lives — Wampum, PA — August 3 (5K obstacle/zombie course)
* Muddy & Messy 5K — Conneaut Lake, PA — July 27 (5K mud/adventure run)
* Warrior Dash — Long Pond, PA — Aug. 24 (3.32-mile mud run)
* Gladiator Rock ‘n Run — Export, PA — Sept. 7 (5K mud run)
* Savage Race — Albrightsville, PA — Sept. 14 (4-6-mile mud run)
* Hardcore Mud Run — Phillipsburg, PA — Sept. 28-29 (6.5-mile obstacle course with 18 to 20 obstacles -hardcore)
* Warrior Dash — Butler, OH — June 1-2— (3.2 mile mud run)
* Cleveland Challenge Urban Adventure Race — Cleveland, OH — June 8 (5K “Amazing Race” style scavenger hunt race)
* Dirty Girl 5K — Cleveland, OH — July 20 (5K mud run that caters to women)
* Color Run — Cleveland, OH — Sept. 21 (5K “color run”)
* Kiss me Dirty 5K — Kissing Bridge Ski Resort — June 1 & 2 (5K mud run for women — men can race in drag!)
* Holiday Valley Mudslide — Ellicottville, N.Y. — June 15 (3.5 or 5.4- mile mud run — no shocks, no fire, no barbed wire)
* Color Me Rad — Darian Lake, NY — June 22 (5K color run)
* Tough Mudder — Andover, NY — July 27 & 28 (10 to 12-mile obstacle course – hard core)
* Color Run — Buffalo, NY — Aug. 17 (5K “color run”)
* Hardcore Mud Run — Swain, NY — Aug. 17 (6.5-mile obstacle course with 18 to 20 obstacles, hardcore)
* Run For Your Lives — Batavia, NY — Aug. 17 (5K obstacle/zombie course)
* Tough Mudder — St. Clairsville, OH — Aug. 24 & 25 (10 to 12-mile obstacle course – hard core)
* Dirty Girl 5K — Buffalo, NY — Sept. 7 & 8 (5K mud run that caters to women)
* Muddy Viking — Bemus Point, NY — Oct. 5 (Four-mile mud run)