Posted: November 24th, 2012
Tracking the web’s hot-stove talk
With turkey day behind us and baseball’s offseason in full swing, let’s hit the links.
Here are a few interesting hot-stove topics I’ve come across:
- Bleacherreport.com takes a look at the most tradeable asset each MLB team has on its roster. They selected shortstop Asdrubal Cabrera from the Indians, 2012 Erie SeaWolves standout Nick Castellanos from the Tigers and closer Joel Hanrahan from the Pirates.
- MLBtraderumors.com compiled a list of the top 50 free agents with predictions on where they will end up. See the full free-agent list with MLB’s Hot Stove Tracker.
- Letsgotribe.com is one-quarter of the way through its list of the top 100 Cleveland Indians of all time. Check out Nos. 100-75.
- The Indians signed two players to minor league deals Saturday: infielder Nate Spears and right-hander Jose Flores.
- Former Erie Times-News sports staff reporter Anthony Castrovince gives his take on how smart moves, not big money, can make or break a team’s ability to bounce back from a bad season(s).
- Check out the top 20 Pirates prospects for next season, as rated by John Sickels from minorleagueball.com. SeaWolves’ fans will want to click here for the top 20 Tigers’ prospect list, headed by Castellanos. And here is Baseball America’s list of the Indians’ top-rated prospects.