Boston 51, Cleveland 45
The Cavaliers lead by as many as 14 points in the first half only to trail by five at the break.
If I’m Cleveland, these are my concerns.
1. Boston shot 51.5 percent against them, going 7-of-9 from 3-point range. They have length on the perimeter in Paul Pierce and Rasheed Wallace, whom combined to go 4-of-5 from behind the arc. Just go back to the Orlando series last season. Cleveland couldn’t match up on the perimeter with Orlando.
2. Shaquille O’Neal started strong, shot 4-of-6 from the field and has six rebounds, but none are on the offensive end. He needs to get in there and dictate some action in the paint on the offensive glass.
3. J.J. Hickson doesn’t look he’s ready yet. Just lacks the quickness or explosiveness to score in the paint.
4. Boston outscored Cleveland’s bench, 17-4.
5. Boston is leading and Kevin Garnett only has four points.
Time to find my seat for the second half. See you soon.