Not bad. Not bad.
With the Los Angeles Clipppers beating the Memphis Grizzlies in Game 7 Sunday to advance to the Western Conference semifinals, all the first-round series are complete. I finished 6-2 in predicting the first round.
(1) Chicago Bulls vs. (8) Philadelphia 76ers.
Prediction: Bulls in 5
Outcome: Sixers in 6.
What happpened: Derrick Rose got hurt. Joakim Noah got hurt. Bulls didn’t have enough.
(2) Miami Heat vs. (7) New York Knicks
Prediction: Heat in 6
Outcome: Heat in 5
What happened: Knicks not ready as a team to seriously challenge Miami.
(3) Indiana Pacers vs. (6) Orlando Magic
Prediction: Pacers in 5
Outcome: Pacers in 5
What happened: Without Dwight Howard, Magic had no shot to win this series.
(4) Boston Celtics vs. (5) Atlanta Hawks
Prediction: Celtics in 6
Outcome: Celtics in 6
What happened: Atlanta’s inability to finish games well proved costly.
(1) San Antonio Spurs vs. (8) Utah Jazz
Prediction: Spurs in 5
Outcome: Spurs in 4
What happened: The Spurs were just too tough. Have won 14 straight games.
(2) Oklahoma City Thunder vs. (7) Dallas Mavericks
Prediction: Thunder in 5
Outcome: Thunder in 4
What happened: The 2011 NBA champions had no answers for Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook or James Harden.
(3) Los Angeles Lakers vs. (6) Denver Nuggets
Prediction: Lakers in 6
Outcome: Lakers in 7
What happened: The Nuggets exposed a glaring weaknesses of the Lakers (defending a fast-break team), but not having a go-to play cost them in Game 7.
(4) Memphis Grizzlies vs. (5) Los Angeles Clippers
Prediction: Grizzlies in 6
Outcome: Clippers in 7
What happened: After blowing a 27-point lead in Game 1, Memphis had to battle uphill to force Game 7 and just didn’t execute down the stretch Sunday.