Posted: January 21st, 2011
Around the outdoors Jan. 21
News and notes from around the outdoors:
Get a look at the agenda for the Pennsylvania Board of Game Commissioners’ meeting Jan. 30-Feb. 1.
- A proposed study of Presque Isle State Park visitation is designed to show the value of the park and how funding cuts harm visits and the Erie economy.
- A stretch of French Creek in Crawford County is expected to reopen to public use by Saturday.
- Steelhead streams are largely iced over, but that ice should provide great fishing opportunities elsewhere. Read the weekly FishOn! fishing report.
- A horse was shot during a deer hunt on Assateague Island National Seashore. Again, a horse.
- The man accused of killing Wildlife Conservation Officer David L. Gove in November faces the death penalty.
- Pennsylvania isn’t the only place where Sunday hunting is at issue. Try Virginia.