McBride, who led the Victors to two consecutive PIAA Class AA titles, was an Associated Press third-team All-American after averaging career highs of 15.9 points and 4.6 rebounds per game for the Irish last season.
McBride participated in the USA Women’s Basketball National Team minicamp in Las Vegas this weekend.
Also featured in this week’s On Campus notebook:
• Sophomore midfielder Mani Brueckner was named the NSCAA Division II women’s player of the week after assisting on each of Gannon’s game-winning goals in victories over No. 9 Millersville and Shippensburg at Gannon University Field last week. Brueckner, who is closing in on Gannon’s single-season assists record, finished last weekend with four assists.
• Case Western Reserve sophomore midfielder Chris Cvecko, a McDowell graduate, scored two goals to lead the Spartans (5-2-3) past Hiram 4-0 Tuesday at Hiram, Ohio. Cvecko leads the team in scoring with five goals and three assists.
• Waynesburg’s Ben McAuley, a sophomore runner from North East, led the Yellow Jacket men’s cross country team by winning the Chatham University Invitational last week. McAuley broke the tape in 30 minutes, 23.1 seconds.
• John Hurd, a junior from Fairview, helped The Master’s College men’s cross country team finish third at The Mustang Challenge Collegiate Open Men’s 8k. Hurd finished 12th (25:35.34) out of a field of 150 runners.
• Washington & Jefferson senior tennis player Kathryn Mioduszewski, a Villa Maria graduate, is 7-3 in singles and 9-2 in doubles (through Friday) to help W&J to a 9-2 record (4-1 in Presidents’ Athletic Conference matches) this season.
Read more in this week’s On Campus notebook.