Jay D’Ambrosio, a 1990 Fairview High School graduate, will be inducted into the Grove City College Athletic Hall of Fame on Feb. 22.
D’Ambrosio is a six-time NCAA Division III All-American swimmer who excelled in the backstroke from 1990-94.
In 2002, D’Ambrosio was inducted into the Grove City Swimming and Diving Hall of Fame and the Erie County Aquatic Hall of Fame.
Read more about D’Ambrosio in this week’s On Campus notebook.
Also in this week’s notebook:
• Mercyhurst Prep graduate Marie Case, a Kent State senior, was named Mid-American Conference gymnast of the week. The former Lakettes Academy standout led the Golden Flashes to a 2-1 record in a quad meet with George Washington, Eastern Michigan and Rutgers on Jan. 17. Case is the two-time MAC defending MAC gymnast of the year.
• Cathedral Prep graduate Malik Moffett-Pulliam was named Penn State Behrend’s athlete of the week last week after breaking the school’s indoor high jump record (6 feet 6 inches) in his first college meet.
• The Penn State Behrend baseball team participated in a hair-cutting fundraiser to raise awareness for Grady’s Decision, a nonprofit organization run by Behrend baseball alumni Ryan Smith. Grady’s Decision was created to help families experiencing premature births as well as those families with children needing specialized medical attention. Visit gradysdecision.com for more information.
• Clarion University graduate Kayla Shull, a standout swimmer and graduate of Rocky Grove High School, received an NCAA Top 10 Award at the NCAA Convention in San Diego on Jan. 17. Shull, a graduate student, is a 15-time NCAA Division II All-American swimmer who graduated in May with a 4.0 GPA.
• Villa Maria graduate Kayla McBride became the 11th player in Notre Dame history to reach 1,500 career points when she scored 15 Thursday night in the Irish’s 79-52 rout of Miami. Notre Dame (18-0 overall, 5-0 Atlantic Coast Conference) plays at Maryland on Monday.
Read more here.
Have an item for On Campus? Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with On Campus in the subject line.