A few FAQs regarding Thursdays ERC Turkey Trot
1. What time does it start?
5K Run – 8:30 a.m.
5K Walk – 8:40 a.m.
10K Run/walk – 9:30 a.m.
2. Where does it start? Beach 1, Presque Isle State Park
3. What time should we be there? If you’ve picked up your chip (still time to do that tomorrow at the BelAire Hotel from 2-8),you should plan to be there by 8 a.m. for the 5K and 8:45 for the 10K. If you haven’t picked up your chip, leave a 1/2 hour earlier.
4. Where should I park? Beach No. 1 or….avoid the traffic jams and park at Waldameer Parking Lot or the Tom Ridge Center Parking Lot.
5. Where should I not park? Do NOT park alongside the road, even if you’re “all the way off” the road…trust me, it makes the park angry. Ranger will be there and they will ticket.
6. Can I still pick up my packet? Yes…pick it up at the BelAire on Tuesday, Nov. 19 from 2 to 8 p.m. or on race day morning at beach no. 1.
7. Can I pick up packets for other people? Please do…but make sure you tell them that you picked it up.
8. Can I pick up my packet on Wednesday? Nope. See you Thursday morning.
9.Is the race sold out? Yes, 4,000 chips are gone. BUT…..
10. Can I still run? You can still register for either race$10, but you will not a shirt or a chip (they are all gone), which means you won’t get an official time or be eligible for awards. You will get a bib though….which is how we will know that you paid.
11. Can I just run with my friends…without paying? No. If you don’t have a chip on your shoe, you better have a bib on your shirt.
12. Are there restrooms? Porta potties only at the race site. Plan accordingly.
13. Can I pay with my credit card? No. Cash or check only — that goes for registration and any ERC merchandise (including leftover shirts/sweatpants) that will be sold afterwards.
14. My shirt is too big/too small, can I exchange it? After the race, you may bring your shirt to Rainbow Gardens (where the after party is) to see what is leftover. You may exchange your shirt for a different size (if available) at that time.
15. I got a sweatshirt, but I really wanted a technical shirt…can I buy one? Any leftover race shirts will be for sale at Rainbow Gardens after the race. Bring cash…the club does not take credit cards.
16. How much will extra shirts/sweatshirts cost? After the race, they’ll be sold for $10 for shirts, $12 for sweatpants and $15 for hoodies.
17. Where’s the party after the run? Rainbow Gardens. There will be a DJ, awards/results, food, coffee, etc. BYOB.
18. Can I switch races? Yes, but you must tell them at packet pickup on Tuesday (2-8 p.m. at the BelAire), or go to the registration table the morning of the race and tell them you want to change divisions.
19. How many are running? Right now, there are more than 4,100 registered for one of the three events.
20. If I registered for the walk, can I run a little? No. Because there are awards for the walk, walk means walk. If you want to run/walk, switch to the 5K run.
MORE QUESTIONS? Any questions should be sent to email@example.com or 814-881-0060. Do not call the Bel-Aire concerning the packet pickup — they are kind enough to let us use their facility, but they have nothing to do with the race.
May the Force be with you!
Achille’s is in the house, too….bring your wallet and get some nice gear!