What’s the best or most memorable spectator sign you have seen at a race?
* “My mother’s faster than your dad.” — Mike Vieyra
* “At the Richmond Marathon, little kid was holding a sign that said ‘This is the worst parade ever!’” — Tom Grant
* “Run like you stole something,” — Amy Cronk
* “‘Hurry Up Mom! Daddy didn’t give up breakfast and we’re hungry!’ Full disclosure- this one was designed and held by my own children.” — Rhonda Berlin
* “‘Run like you stole something’ …that one gave me a chuckle” — Amy Davis
* “‘It could be worse, you could be giving birth!’ When I saw that I was like yeah that probably hurts worse ill keep going.” — Jessie Zahner
* “The sign read: ‘Tracy! Don’t poop!’” — Tracy Jenks
* “At the Forget the PR25K, going up this gigantic hill, there was a sign half way up that said ‘Big ass hill, don’t hate the race director.’ Finally got to the top & there’s another gigantic hill with another sign saying, “Oops another big ass hill.” — Linda Young
* “It’s OK! You aren’t last!” — Lisa Shade
* “Way to go James Monroe!” — Eloise Hawking
* “The WORST race sign in a marathon is ‘Almost there.”” — Dan Cass
Here are a couple of my favorites from last year’s Cleveland marathon.
This guy below made me laugh out loud at the 12th mile:
And, this sign is awesome because of the girl holding it:
AND….some fun ones I found on the Internets at this whole blog dedicated to race signs: