This week’s question addresses something EVERY runner has dealt with — sore muscles!
I asked runners: What’s your favorite/go-to remedy for sore muscles?
* Epson salts/ foam roller and a beer. — Amy Cronk
* Between golf balls and “the stick,” I rely on massaging to rub out and keep circulation moving. — Christine Vassen
* I like arnica gel for treating inflammation and comfrey ointment for muscle knots and pain. — Debbie DeAngelo
* Ice bath, it’s cold, but it works! After about 7 minutes you really can’t feel anything (but, yes, that first 7 minutes isn’t much fun) — Greg Cooper
* Tonic water (applied internally, not externally!). — Bill Cox
* Rest, massage, wine. — Pat Krott
* Dr. Teals Epsom salts–lavender—not the plain kind in the Pharmacy section of Wal-Mart—the lavender scented are by the nicer bath soaps down a few aisles. Foolproof (for the fools who overuse their muscles…LOL). — Eloise Hawking
* Foam roller, stretching. Advil if necessary. — Ginny Sackett