There’s a 5K for everyone this weekend with seven — count ‘em, seven — of them being offered in nearby locations this extended holiday weekend (Monday is Columbus Day…so get out all your Nina, Pinta and Santa Maria decorations!).
Saturday’s racing options:
* 5k Run to End Trafficking – Corry American Legion, Corry, Pa.
* Harvest Hoof-It — Penn State Behrend, Erie, Pa.
* Zombie 5k — A zombie fun run put on by the Erie Playhouse at Brown’s Farm, Millcreek, Pa.
* Lucy Town 5k — Jamestown Savings Bank Arena, Jamestown, N.Y.
* Hermitage House 5k Run/Walk — Hermitage House South Campus, Cambridge Springs, Pa.
* Warren SuperKwik Half Marathon Challenge — Warren, Pa.
*Lucy Town Half Marathon — Jamestown Savings Bank Arena, Jamestown, N.Y.
* Pink Warrior 5k — Presque Isle Wine Cellars, North East, Pa.
Monday — special Columbus Day 5K offering
* Columbus Fire Dept 5k — Columbus Vol. Fire Dept., Columbus, Pa.
As for me, I’ll be joining four girlfriends for 26.2 miles around Baltimore, Maryland. If you care to track me, Cyndie, Robin and/or Leann, you can sign up to do so here. Don’t expect much….our intentions are to run slow, talk all the way and make Jessie & Leann’s first marathon a fun and memorable one.