* You don’t need a gym membership or weights so strength train. Use your own body weight. Check out these exercises that will challenge your whole body (and there are links to more, too).
* The Art of Running Shoe Maintenance has some interesting tips (some I’ve never heard before) to keep your running shoes in top form.
* Beware of signing up for any races directed by The Shadiest Man in the Racing Business. (Can you imagine signing up for a marathon, doing all the training, booking the hotel, and then find on race morning that there is no race???)
* Runners are often Type-A people who don’t love to sleep because..you know, it’s just not that productive and they’d much rather be doing 10,000 other things and maybe go for another run, but making time for serious Zs is just as important as your weekly long run (maybe more). Need more convincing? Here are 25 things that happen if you don’t get enough sleep. (and having made an effort to increase my own sleep time, I can tell you it makes a world of difference).
* A friend and I were just talking about the latest FitBit craze and we both agree, we won’t be getting one…pretty much for the reason this woman dumped her Nike Fuel Band.