The Ontario Hockey League released the schedule of games for the 2010-2011 season on Wednesday.
The Erie Otters open their 15th campaign of OHL play with a road game against the Brampton Battalion on September 24 before returning home to the Tullio Arena for their 2010-11 home opener at 7 p.m. on September 25 against the Saginaw Spirit. The Otters plan to retire the late Vince Scott’s No. 18 at the home opener.
The Otters will play 27-of-34 home games on weekends: nine Fridays, 16 Saturdays, and two Sundays. Home games are scheduled to start at 7 p.m. Monday through Saturday and 4:30 p.m. on Sundays.
The longest home stand of the season takes place October 27 to November 6, when the Otters will play host to the Plymouth Whalers, Windsor Spitfires, Oshawa Generals and Owen Sound Attack.
As part of the 15th anniversary festivities, the Otters will mark their 1,000th game in team history on February 5 against Windsor. The home schedule concludes March 12 against the rival Kitchener Rangers, and the team’s season will wrap up with a pair of road games in Sarnia and Saginaw on March 17-18.
2010-2011 Otters’ schedule highlights:
· Home Opener – September 25 @ 7 p.m. against the Saginaw Spirit. The Otters will retire Vince Scott’s No. 18 to the Tullio Arena rafters.
· Annual Thanksgiving Game will take place on November 25 against the Belleville Bulls
· Home Game Breakdown: 16 Saturdays; nine Fridays; five Wednesdays; two Sundays; and two Thursdays
· Longest Home Stand: five games (October 27-November 6)
· Longest Road Trip: five games (January 21-30)
· 1000th game in franchise history: Saturday, February 5 @ 7:00 p.m. against the Windsor Spitfires
· Nine sets of three-games-in-three days
Check out the Otters’ complete schedule by clicking the link.