Ryan Hoelke was a solid contributor for the Grapepickers throughout his senior season. He proved to be a versatile player who could shift between left field, right field and second base. He also moved up in the batting order during the second half of the season and settled into the No. 2 spot in the order.
In a game against Seneca May 11, Hoelke showed his skills at the plate. He had three singles in four at-bats, drove in two runs and scored a run while powering the ’Pickers to a 5-1 win over Seneca.
However, Hoelke and his North East teammates saw their postseason hopes end this week when they were passed over for a District 10 Class AA playoff spot. North East closed the season 9-9 overall and 3-5 in Region 6.
Who is the Breakout Baseball Player of the Week?
- Ryan Hoelke, North East (23%, 214 Votes)
- Matt Jaskolka, Warren (21%, 196 Votes)
- Mike Piotrowski, Cathedral Prep (9%, 81 Votes)
- Todd Goss, Harbor Creek (7%, 68 Votes)
- Mike Lockhart, Fort LeBoeuf (6%, 52 Votes)
- Derrick Post, Mercyhurst Prep (4%, 35 Votes)
- Matt Hansen, McDowell (3%, 32 Votes)
- Alex McCann, Conneaut Lake (3%, 30 Votes)
- Shane Russell, Union City (3%, 27 Votes)
- Josh Ponsoll, General McLane (3%, 27 Votes)
- Zack LaRocca, Fairview (3%, 26 Votes)
- Austin Slater, Lakeview (2%, 21 Votes)
- Chris Kahle, Franklin (2%, 20 Votes)
- Luke Hipple, Titusville (2%, 20 Votes)
- Mike Ginther, West Middlesex (2%, 18 Votes)
- Corey Lynn, Meadville (2%, 15 Votes)
- Tyler Wansack, Sharpsville (2%, 15 Votes)
- Travis Brumbaugh, Wilmington (2%, 15 Votes)
- Brian Kelly, Central Tech (1%, 10 Votes)
Total Voters: 922