Haas, a sophomore infielder/pitcher, has been a solid player for the Lakers this season. During a 9-2 victory over Eisenhower last week, he demonstrated that he could help Mercyhurst both on the mound and at the plate.
Haas pitched all seven innings against the Knights, allowing no earned runs on eight hits while earning the victory. He also struck out four and walked two. At the plate, Haas went 3-for-4 with a double, two singles, two runs scored and an RBI.
During the regular season, he made 11 pitching appearances while compiling a 2-1 record with a 3.23 ERA. He also hit .275 with 12 runs scored and seven RBIs. That included a six-game hitting streak during which he hit .450, going 9-for-20.
Who is the Breakout Baseball Player of the Week?
- Aaron Haas, Mercyhurst Prep (17%, 144 Votes)
- Taylor Stamm, Oil City (13%, 110 Votes)
- Kody Kondrlik, Cathedral Prep (7%, 58 Votes)
- Mike Ginther, West Middlesex (6%, 53 Votes)
- Isaac Mattson, Harbor Creek (6%, 53 Votes)
- Matt Hansen, McDowell (5%, 46 Votes)
- Aaron Morley, Northwestern (5%, 42 Votes)
- Matt Jaskolka, Warren (5%, 41 Votes)
- Tyler Gentile, Commodore Perry (4%, 38 Votes)
- Bobby Jackson, Fairview (4%, 36 Votes)
- Adam Bleday, Titusville (4%, 36 Votes)
- Luke Nientimp, McDowell (4%, 34 Votes)
- Corey Lynn, Meadville (4%, 33 Votes)
- Mike Lockhart, Fort LeBoeuf (4%, 32 Votes)
- Justyn Roda, Iroquois (3%, 24 Votes)
- Kevin Yarabinec, Sharpsville (3%, 23 Votes)
- Jesse Staudt, Cochranton (2%, 19 Votes)
- Brian Murone, Grove City (2%, 18 Votes)
- Joey Gierlak, General McLane (2%, 17 Votes)
- Scott Moore, Kennedy Catholic (0%, 3 Votes)
Total Voters: 860