A.J. Rogers is one of the main reasons why the Harbor Creek golf team is off to such a strong start.
Last week, Rogers helped the Huskies hold on to the top spot in the Region 6 standings with a superb performance in a mega-match. Rogers turned in a 2-over-par 74 Friday as Harbor Creek claimed a four-stroke victory over runner-up North East at Beechwood Golf Course.
His effort helped Harbor Creek maintain a 25-23 lead over Mercyhurst Prep in the Region 6 standings. Teammates Jacob Van Slyke (76) and Cody Stinson (77) also had impressive rounds.
Earlier this season, Rogers carded a 78 to help the Huskies to a second-place finish in a region mega-match at Crab Apple Ridge Golf Course.
Joe Zoltowski and Van Slyke shot 77s to lead Harbor Creek in that match.
With Rogers and the rest of the Huskies’ talented lineup, Harbor Creek will aim to win a Region 6 title and claim a District 10 playoff berth.
Who is the Breakout Fall Athlete of the Week?
- A.J. Rogers, Harbor Creek golf (31%, 180 Votes)
- Bernadette Prichard, Villa Maria cross country (14%, 81 Votes)
- Austin Pondel, Corry cross country (13%, 73 Votes)
- Megan Moylan, North East golf (10%, 58 Votes)
- Brittany McBride, Mercyhurst Prep tennis (10%, 57 Votes)
- Lia Fatica, Villa Maria golf (6%, 36 Votes)
- Adrianna Jeffress, McDowell tennis (5%, 30 Votes)
- Adina Spahali, General McLane tennis (4%, 24 Votes)
- Andrew Britton, Cathedral Prep golf (3%, 20 Votes)
- Rosie Hearns, Hickory golf (4%, 18 Votes)
Total Voters: 577