Courtney Sargent is a runner on a mission this season. She not only wants to turn in a top finish in the District 10 championships next month; she’s aiming for a berth in the PIAA meet.
Sargent showed she already might be in postseason form Saturday when she won the Penn State Behrend Invitational in a time of 20 minutes, 13.5 seconds.
Just a sophomore at Northwest Pennsylvania Collegiate Academy, she has plenty of big meets ahead.
Who is the Breakout Fall Athlete of the Week?
- Courtney Sargent, Strong Vincent cross country (23%, 168 Votes)
- Adrianna Jeffress, McDowell tennis (11%, 79 Votes)
- Justin Latsko, Fort LeBoeuf golf (9%, 64 Votes)
- Ryan Smathers, North East cross country (9%, 64 Votes)
- Abby Fessler, Villa Maria golf (8%, 56 Votes)
- Kyle Boyd, Hickory cross country (7%, 54 Votes)
- Mark Chang, Saegertown golf (7%, 53 Votes)
- Lexi Bible, Hickory cross country (7%, 53 Votes)
- Ben Luce, Union City cross country (5%, 40 Votes)
- Ryan Podufal, Cathedral Prep golf (5%, 37 Votes)
- Lukas Hallett, General McLane cross country (5%, 37 Votes)
- Lauren Petrella, Fairview tennis (4%, 31 Votes)
- Rosy Hearns, Hickory golf (0%, 10 Votes)
Total Voters: 746