It’s been a memorable few days for Sarah Latzo.
First, she led the Villa Maria water polo team to a title in the Beast of the East Tournament over the weekend. Then, she was named Varsity Female Athlete of the Week. Finally, she was voted the Breakout Fall Athlete of the Week by Varsity blog readers.
Latzo, a senior, entered the season as the Victors’ single-season and career scoring leader. She added 15 goals to that career total Friday and Saturday when she scored 15 times in six games at the Beast of the East tourney.
Her biggest goal came when she intercepted a pass in the closing seconds and scored the winning goal in Villa’s 11-10 victory over Governor Mifflin in the tournament’s Flight 2 championship game.
Latzo has led the Victors to a 12-2 record as they head into this weekend’s McDowell Invitational.
Who is the Breakout Fall Athlete of the Week?
- Sarah Latzo, Villa Maria water polo (23%, 197 Votes)
- Katie Elia, Mercyhurst Prep girls tennis (17%, 149 Votes)
- Austin Pondel, Corry cross country (17%, 144 Votes)
- Josh Daniel, McDowell water polo (15%, 126 Votes)
- Megan Moylan, North East golf (11%, 98 Votes)
- Matt McCord, Titusville golf (6%, 53 Votes)
- Brett Rinker, Slippery Rock golf (4%, 33 Votes)
- Rosy Hearns, Hickory golf (2%, 20 Votes)
- Dan Jaskowak, Grove City cross country (2%, 17 Votes)
- Kahla Kemick, Franklin cross country (2%, 16 Votes)
- Kristen White, West Middlesex cross country (1%, 8 Votes)
- Nate Anthony, West Middlesex golf (0%, 6 Votes)
Total Voters: 867