Prichard, a freshman, has quickly become the most dominant female runner in District 10.
Her season started with a surprisingly wide margin of victory in the season-opening McDowell Invitational, and it continued Saturday when she won the District 10 Class AA title with a time of 19 minutes, 36 seconds on a wet Buhl Park course in Sharon. In between, Prichard has won several invitationals.
Prichard is slight of build, but she’s had a huge impact on the Villa Maria program. She helped the Victors easily claim the District 10 Class AA team title Saturday.
Prichard has turned her attention to Saturday’s PIAA championships in Hershey, where she will be one of the favorites in the Class AA competition.
She’ll join with teammates Grace Trucilla, Alison Carson, Claire Brown, Catie Cacchione, Kim Demjenanko and Rebecca Easly in an effort to win a state title this weekend.
Who is the Breakout Fall Athlete of the Week?
- Bernadette Prichard, Villa Maria cross country (17%, 99 Votes)
- Olivia Mamula, Cambridge Springs cross country (14%, 83 Votes)
- Rosy Hearns, Hickory golf (13%, 75 Votes)
- Megan Moylan, North East golf (11%, 64 Votes)
- Melissa Perseo, McDowell cross country (10%, 58 Votes)
- Austin Pondel, Corry cross country (10%, 57 Votes)
- Jeremy Parsons, Maplewood cross country (8%, 47 Votes)
- Daniel Jaskowak, Grove City cross country (7%, 42 Votes)
- Brett Rinker, Slippery Rock golf (6%, 35 Votes)
- Annie Ciacchini, Villa Maria golf (4%, 33 Votes)
Total Voters: 593