Wrestling results from Friday’s District 10 Class AA tournament at Sharon High School. The top six wrestlers in each division after Saturday’s finals will advance to the Northwest Region tournament, scheduled March 2-3 at Sharon.
– Mike Copper
Team standings: 1. Reynolds (Rey) 75 1/2, 2. Fort LeBoeuf (FL) 52, 3. Saegertown (Sae) 45, 4. Cochranton (Co) 42, 5. Jamestown (J) 34, 6. Sharon (Sh) 32 1/2.
Remaining teams: Cambridge Springs (CS), Commodore Perry (CP), Conneaut (Conn), Corry (Cy), Eisenhower (E), Fairview (F), Franklin (Fr), Girard (Gir), Greenville (Gv), Grove City (GC), Harbor Creek (HC), Hickory (H), Iroquois (I), Jamestown (J), Lakeview (Lv), Maplewood (Mw), Mercer (Mer), North East (NE), Northwestern (Nw), Sharpsville (Sv), Seneca (Sen), Slippery Rock (SR), Union City (UC), West Middlesex (WM), Youngsville (Y).
106 pounds: Jase Paxton (Gv) bye; Justin Walter (H) tf Tyler Nowakowski (Sen) 4:12; Evan Clayton (Lv) p Raven Mangrino (Conn) :18; Devin Brown (Sae) bye; Seth Hogue (Rey) bye; Isaac Bengel (FL) p Austin Howard (Nw) 5:24; Preston Hoover (Mer) md Dustin Weilacher (UC) 10-2; Faris Messai (J) bye.
113: Cody Buchanan (Sh) bye; Logan Gray (NE) p David Marvin (Mw) :43; Brad Nowakowski (Sen) d Aiden Bellucci (WM) 7-0; Nate Kline (Co) bye; Jarrett Carter (FL) bye; Joey Safner (Gv) d Austin Szugye (Sv) 1-0; Bingbong Elizon (Sae) d Bruce Copeland (Nw) 4-2; Mike Bartolo (Rey) bye.
120: Tyler Vath (Sae) bye; Daniel Simmerman (Mw) p Dreux Harper (Fr) 4:57; Jonathan Hammond (Cy) p Dave Schwab (CS) 3:31; Dave Huselton (SR) bye; Matt Wheeler (Nw) bye; Cyle Yaple (Sen) d Jake Heim (Lv) 5-4; Nick Nottingham (Rey) bye; Tyler Kuzma (FL) bye.
126: Nick Monico (Sae) bye; Jared Morrison (Co) p Stanford Dessaw (H) 5:11; Adam Borgia (FL) d Isaac Howard (Nw) 9-4; Mason McCollum (Rey) bye; Kyle Lukowich (Conn) bye; Dustin Tomcho (UC) md Ryan Grace (GC) 10-0; Jarray Norris (Sh) p Henry Coyle (Mw) 1:12; Adam Ballew (NE) bye.
132: Luke Walter (GC) bye; Mack Heitzenrater (HC) d Ian Pettis (Nw) 4-1; Troy Hejazi (Sh) d Garrett Zuver (Sae) 4-3; Nick Floch (J) bye; Adam Fish (Sen) bye; Trevor McCray (Gir) p Cam Cianci (Rey) 5:27; Zak Dennis (Mw) d Tyler Gourley (E) 6-4; Gavin Kroesen (WM) bye.
138: Seth Thurber (J) bye; Hunter Proctor (Cy) d Matt Leise (Rey) 11-6; Rodney Brant (Mer) md Jacob Riffe (Gv) 14-0; Matt Humes (Sae) bye; Michael Bonner (Sh) bye; Zach Krein (CS) d Shane Newell (FL) 3-2; Chris Hibbler (Sen) d Chris Enos (Sv) 5-2; Gage Dalton (Gir) bye.
145: Robert Boozer (Co) bye; Andrew Campbell (Sh) p Jacob Kruize (I) 1:57; Trey Maher (GC) tf Jeremy Parsons (Mw) 17-1 2:43; Brad Malinowski (FL) bye; Levi Stoyer (Rey) bye; Aaron Jackson (Sae) d Jacob Rickert (Gv) 5-2; Louie Head (E) d John Sims (H) 12-5; Taylor Ellis (Conn) bye.
152: Taylor Harrington (FL) bye; Chet Simoni (GC) md Caleb Peterson (Co) 12-0; Sebastian Rinehardt (Nw) p Robbie Wilston (E) 4:58; Austin Matthews (Rey) bye; Blake Horne (Gv) bye; Alex Shaffer (Mer) d Lance Neuscheler (Sae) 4-0; Dakota Geer (Fr) md Tyler Osborne (CP) 15-2; Matt Newara (HC) bye.
160: Ben BuCher (Sv) bye; Josh Reinke (UC) md Christian Bock (Gir) 12-0; Taylor Fox (FL) p Derek Steetle (Fr) 1:06; Gage Gladysz (Gv) bye; Jordan Bryan (NE) bye; Ryan Northcott (Co) d Clay Ruffo (Mer) 3-0; Andrew Boylan (Sae) d Jake Parsons (Mw) 3-2; Mike Millero (Rey) bye.
170: Chris Matthews (Fr) bye; Jeremy Mitchell (Sae) d Mohamed Messai (J) 8-1; Shane Taubert (Cy) p Zane Wolf (SR) 3:15; Austin Andrews (Co) bye; Tim Vargo (UC) bye; Austin Moffett (Rey) d Garrett Behringer (Nw) 6-4; Zach Miller (Gv) d Jack Middleton (FL) 9-2; Marquis Spence (Lv) bye.
182: Justin Reynolds (Gv) bye; Chris Mueller (Sv) d Alex Suydan (Cy) 9-7; Joe Hines (H) p Paul Beresford (Conn) 1:33; Dylan Reynolds (Sae) bye; Jamar Henry (Rey) bye; Vitaliy Kleschevinikov (Gir) p Cody Thomas (UC) 3:58; Stone Sivak (Y) p Ryan Brunson (Mer) 4:06; Isaiah Stearns (Mw) bye.
195: Cody Hughes (Sv) bye; Garrett Reinwald (FL) p Alex Ho (Gv) 3:04; Ryan Morris (Cy) d Andrew Clayton (Lv) 12-6; Zach Stafford (CS) bye; Trevor Beiter (Sen) bye; Denton Zeronas (Rey) md Dan Daugherty (Gir) 14-5; Jason Shappee (J) d Jake Johnson (E) 6-2; Dan Geer (Fr) bye.
220: Evan Daley (FL) bye; Keamus Schulen (J) p Jeff Rial (Fr) 3:18; Tim Suydan (Cy) d Ryan Cardman (Fv) 6-4; Logan Rickert (Rey) bye; Cam Cyphert (Co) bye; Storm McDonald (UC) p Jake Llewellyn (Sv) 3:39; Colton Smith (Mer) p James Wilkerson (Gv) 1:39; Jaykup Durlin (Y) bye.
285: Jeff Burger (UC) bye; Kaleb Robertson (Sv) p Tim Galford (Mw) 1:12; Evan Miller (Co) d Dylan Raines 4-2; Sam Breese (Lv) bye; Braden Gladysz (Gv) bye; Gene Ringer (Rey) p John Macken (Sae) 2:24; Forrest Christmann (SR) p Brian Lipps (Conn) 1:51; Nate Conti (FL) bye.
106 pounds: Paxton d Walter 5-4 4OT; Brown md Clayton 21-7; Hogue d Bengel 3-1; Messai d Hoover 8-4.
113: Buchanan d Gray 5-2; Kline p Nowakowski 1:36; Carter p Safner 1:06; Bartolo p Elizon 6:54 OT.
120: Vath md Simmerman 13-2; Huselton md Hammond 11-2; Wheeler d Yaple 3-1; Kuzma p Nottingham 2:56.
126: Monico d Morrison 5-2; McCollum d Borgia 7-5; Lukowich d Tomcho 1-0; Norris tf Ballew 23-8 4:00.
132: Walter p Heitzenrater 4:53; Floch p Hejazi 1:30; Fish d McCray 5-3; Dennis p Kroesen 3:30.
138: Thurber d Proctor 12-8; Humes d Brant 4-3; Bonner p Krein 1:30; Hibbler md Dalton 14-3.
145: Boozer p Campbell 1:11; Maher d Malinowski 2-1; Stoyer d Jackson 1-0; Head d Ellis 10-6.
152: Harrington d Simoni 6-2; Matthews p Rinehardt 1:00; Horne d Shaffer 5-2 OT; Geer md Newara 17-6.
160: BuCher d Reinke 6-3; Fox d Gladysz 3-1; Northcott d Bryan by injury default 2:26; Millero d Boylan 9-5.
170: Matthews md Mitchell 10-1, Andrews d Taubert 3-1, Vargo p Moffett 3:01; Miller d Spence 4-2.
182: J.Reynolds d Mueller 7-1; D.Reynolds d Hines 9-2; Henry tf Kleschevinikov 21-6 5:43; Stearns p Sivak 3:46.
195: Hughes d Reinwald 2-1 OT, Morris p Stafford :14; Beiter d Zeronas 6-4; Shappee d Geer 6-5.
220: Daley md Schulen 14-0; Rickert d Suydan 3-0; Cyphert p McDonald 1:12; Durlin p Smith 4:58.
285: Burger p Robertson 1:21; Breese p Miller 1:17; Ringer d Gladysz 3-2 OT; Christmann d Conti 5-1.
106 pounds: Hoover tf Nowakowski 16-0 3:57; Bengel p Mangrino :20; Clayton p Howard :59; Weilacher p Walter 2:05.
113: Elizon p Marvin 4:15; Safner d Bellucci 6-3; Nowakowski d Szugye 4-0; Gray p Copeland 3:58.
120: Nottingham d Harper 6-4; Yaple d Schwab 5-0; Heim md Hammond 12-1; Simmerman bye.
126: Ballew d Dessaw 12-8; Tomcho d Howard 1-0; Borgia d Grace 9-2; Morrison md Coyle 13-0.
Note: The tournament will resume today at 8:45 a.m. with the 132-pound matches.
* Reynolds leads the team standings with 75 1/2 points, followed by Fort LeBoeuf with 52 and Saegertown with 45.
* Cyle Yaple of Seneca (120), and Adam Ballew of North East, Dustin Tomcho of Union City and Adam Borgia of Fort LeBoeuf, all at 126, conclude Friday’s Erie County entrants still alive in their respective consolation brackets. Action has concluded at Sharon High School. It will resume Saturday at 8:45 a.m.
* Erie County entrants who survived at 113 are Seneca’s Brad Nowakowski and North East’s Logan Gray, who will meet in Saturday’s consolation quarterfinals.
* Fort LeBoeuf’s Isaac Bengel and Union City’s Dustin Weilacher stayed alive in the 106-pound consolation bracket.
* A reminder that Friday’s competition will conclude with the 126-pound consolation first round.
* The championship semifinals are set with the completion of the heavyweight quarters. The winners were Jeff Burger of Union City, Sam Breese of Lakeview, Gene Ringer of Reynolds and Forrest Christmann of Slippery Rock.
* Victors at 220 pounds were Fort LeBoeuf’s Evan Daley, Reynolds’ Logan Rickert, Cam Cyphert of Cochranton and Jaykup Durlin of Youngsville.
* Corry’s Ryan Morris and Seneca’s Trevor Beiter were quarterfinal winners at 195.
* Just announced that tonight’s action will end after the 126-pound consolation first round. The meet will resume at that point Saturday at 8:45 a.m.
* Union City’s Tim Vargo (170) remains once-beaten this season thanks to a second-period pin of Reynolds’ Austin Moffett.
* North East junior Jordan Bryan was forced to default his 160 match against Cochranton’s Ryan Northcott because of a second-period shoulder injury. Fort LeBoeuf’s Taylor Fox and Sharpsville’s Ben BuCher won in the top half of that bracket.
* Quarterfinal victories by Fort LeBoeuf’s Taylor Harrington and Reynolds’ Austin Matthews set up a curious 152 semifinal Saturday.
* Quarterfinal winners at 145 are Robert Boozer of Cochranton, Trey Maher of Grove City, Levi Stoyer of Reynolds and Louie Head of Eisenhower.
* Another freshman for Seneca, Chris Hibbler won his second match of the night with a 14-3 major decision over Girard’s Gage Dalton at 138.
* Seneca freshman Adam Fish advanced to the 132 semis with a 5-3 decision over Girard’s Trevor McCray.
* Advancing to Saturday’s championship semifinals at 126 are Nick Monico of Saegertown, Mason McCollum of Reynolds, Kyle Lukowich of Conneaut and Jarray Norris of the host Sharon Tigers.
* Still no surprises through 120, with Tyler Vath of Saegertown, Dave Huselton of Slippery Rock, Matt Wheeler of Northwestern and Tyler Kuzma of Fort LeBoeuf each advancing.
* Quarterfinal winners at 113 are Cody Buchanan of Sharon, Nate Kline of Cochranton, Jarrett Carter of Fort LeBoeuf and Mike Bartolo of Reynolds.
* Form holds in the first matches of the championship quarterfinals. Jase Paxton of Greenville, Devin Brown of Saegertown, Seth Hogue of Reynolds and Faris Messai of Jamestown all advanced to the semifinals after receiving first-round byes.
* An incorrect bout sheet was read off at 285. It was Evan Miller of Cochranton beating Eisenhower’s Dylan Raines 4-2.
* The championship first round has concluded. The first-round winners at heavyweight are Kaleb Robertson of Sharpsville, Dylan Raines of Cochranton, Gene Ringer of Reynolds and Forrest Christmann of Slippery Rock.
* The 220 winners were Keamus Schulen of Jamestown, Tim Suydan of Corrry, Storm McDonald of Union City and Colton Smith of Mercer.
* Fort LeBoeuf’s Garrett Reinwald pins Greenville’s Alex Ho in a 195 first-rounder. Other winners were Ryan Morris of Corry, Denton Zeronas of Reynolds and Jason Shappee of Jamestown.
* First-round victors at 182 pounds are Chris Mueller of Sharpsville, Joe Hines of Hickory, Vitaliy Kleschevinikov of Girard and Stone Sivak of Youngsville.
* Corry’s Shane Taubert goes into the 170 quarters with a second-period pin of Slippery Rock’s Zane Wolf. Others advancing are Jeremy Mitchell of Saegertown, Austin Moffett of Reynolds and Zach Miller of Greenville.
* Advancing in the title bracket at 160 are Josh Reinke of Union City, Taylor Fox of Fort LeBoeuf, Ryan Northcott of Cochranton and Andrew Boylan of Saegertown.
* The 152 first round finally concludes, with Chet Simoni of Grove City, Sebastian Rinehardt of Northwestern, Alex Shaffer of Mercer and Dakota Geer of Franklin advancing to the championship quarterfinals.
* First-round winners at 145 pounds are Andrew Campbell of the host Sharon Tigers, Trey Maher of Grove City, Aaron Jackson of Saegertown and Louie Head of Eisnehower.
* Zach Krein of Cambridge Springs gets a late escape point for a 3-2 decision over Fort LeBoeuf’s Shane Newell. Other first-round winners at 138 pounds are Corry’s Hunter Proctor, Rodney Brant of Mercer and Chris Hibbler of Seneca.
* First-round winners at 132 pounds are Mack Heitzenrater of Harbor Creek, Troy Hejazi of Sharon, Trevor McCray of Girard and Zak Dennis of Maplewood.
* First-round winners at 126 pounds are Jared Morrison of Cochranton, Adam Borgia of Fort LeBoeuf, Dustin Tomcho of Union City and Jarray Norris of Sharon.
* Initial winners at 120 pounds are Daniel Simmerman of Maplewood, Jonathan Hammond of Corry, Cyle Yaple of Seneca and Nick Nottingham of Reynolds, who had a bye.
* Another scratch at 120. Conneaut’s Nick Moss withdrew because of mono, according to his parents. Dave Schwab of Cambridge Springs is bumped up a seed. Nick Nottingham of Reynolds now gets a bye in the bottom half of the bracket.
* First-round winners at 113 pounds are Logan Gray of North East, Brad Nowakowski of Seneca, Joey Safner of Greenville and Bingbong Elizon of Saegertown.
* Mercer’s Austin King was scratched at 113 because he didn’t make weight. Aiden Bellucci of West Middlesex claimed his Section 2-4 seed and will face Seneca’s Brad Nowakowski.
* First-round winners at 106 pounds are Justin Walter of Hickory, Evan Clayton of Lakeview; Isaac Bengel of Fort LeBoeuf and Preston Hoover of Mercer.