Results from Saturday’s District 10 Class AA wrestling tournament at Sharon High School. The top six wrestlers in each division advanced to the Northwest Region AA tournament, scheduled March 2-3 at Sharon:
– Mike Copper
Saturday’s results from the District 10 Class AA wrestling tournament at Sharon High School. The top six wrestlers in each division advanced to the Northwest Region AA tournament:
Final team standings: 1. Reynolds (Rey) 204½, 2. Fort LeBoeuf (FL) 139, 3. Saegertown (Sae) 135, 4. Cochranton (Co) 114, 5. Seneca (Sen) 79, 6. Sharon (Sh) 78½, 7. Union City (UC) 71, 8. Greenville (Gv) 70, 9. Corry (Cy) 56, 10. Jamestown (J) 53, 11. Franklin (Fr) 42½, 12. Lakeview (Lv) 41, 13. Sharpsville (Sv) 40, 14. Grove City (GC) 33½, 15. Slippery Rock (SR) 33, 16. Maplewood (Mw) 31, 17. (tie) Conneaut (Conn) and Youngsville (Y) 29, 19. Northwestern (Nw) 23.
Others: Cambridge Springs (CS), Commodore Perry (CP), Eisenhower (E), Fairview (F), Greenville (Gv), Harbor Creek (HC), Hickory (H), Iroquois (I), Mercer (Mer), North East (NE), West Middlesex (WM).
106 pounds: Devin Brown (Sae) md Jase Paxton (Gv) 13-2; Seth Hogue (Rey) p Faris Messai (J) 4:35.
113: Cody Buchanan (Sh) d Nate Kline (Co) 2-1; Mike Bartolo (Rey) d Jarrett Carter (FL) 5-2.
120: Tyler Vath (Sae) md Dave Huselton (SR) 13-5; Matt Wheeler (Nw) d Tyler Kuzma (FL) 6-4.
126: Mason McCollum (Rey) d Nick Monico (Sae) 2-1; Jarray Norris (Sh) d Kyle Lukowich (Conn) 11-5.
132: Nick Floch (J) d Luke Walter (GC) 5-3 OT; Adam Fish (Sen) p Zak Dennis (Mw) 5:13.
138: Matt Humes (Sae) p Seth Thurber (J) 1:10; Michael Bonner (Sh) p Chris Hibbler (Sen) :17.
145: Robert Boozer (Co) d Trey Maher (GC) 2-0; Levi Stoyer (Rey) d Louie Head (E) 7-0.
152: Austin Matthews (Rey) md Taylor Harrington (FL) 10-1; Blake Horne (Gv) d Dakota Geer (Fr) 7-2.
160: Taylor Fox (FL) d Ben BuCher 3-2; Ryan Northcott (Co) d Mike Millero (Rey) 4-3.
170: Austin Andrews (Co) d Chris Matthews (Fr) 6-4 OT; Tim Vargo (UC) md Zach Miller (Gv) 15-6.
182: Dylan Reynolds (Sae) d Justin Reynolds (Gv) 9-4; Jamar Henry (Rey) p Isaiah Stearns (Mw) 3:46.
195: Ryan Morris (Cy) p Cody Hughes (Sv) 1:33; Trevor Beiter (Sen) md Jason Shappee (J) 11-0.
220: Evan Daley (FL) p Logan Rickert (Rey) 5:46; Cam Cyphert (Co) p Jaykup Durlin (Y) 2:24.
285: Jeff Burger (UC) d Sam Breese 8-3; Forrest Christmann (SR) d Gene Ringer (Rey) 3-1 3OT.
106 pounds: Devin Brown (Sae) p Seth Hogue (Rey) 3:06
113: Mike Bartolo (Rey) d Cody Buchanan (Sh) 6-4.
120: Tyler Vath (Sae) d Matt Wheeler (Nw) 10-6.
126: Jarray Norris (Sh) md Mason McCollum (Rey) 12-3.
132: Adam Fish (Sen) d Nick Floch (J) 6-4 OT.
138: Michael Bonner (Sh) md Matt Humes (Sae) 14-5.
145: Levi Stoyer (Rey) d Robert Boozer (Co) 3-1.
152: Austin Matthews (Rey) md Blake Horne (Gv) 14-3.
160: Taylor Fox (FL) d Ryan Northcott (Co) 5-2.
170: Tim Vargo (UC) d Austin Andrews (Co) 4-2 OT.
182: Dylan Reynolds (Sae) d Jamar Henry (Rey) 7-3.
195: Trevor Beiter (Sen) p Ryan Morris (Cy) 1:34.
220: Evan Daley (FL) d Cam Cyphert (Co) 8-6 OT.
285: Forrest Christmann (SR) d Jeff Burger (UC) 5-0.
132 pounds: Gavin Kroesen (WM) md Ian Pettis (Nw) 9-0; Trevor McCray (Gir) d Garrett Zuver (Sae) 5-2; Cam Cianci (Rey) d Troy Hejazi (Sh) 7-3; Mack Heitzenrater (HC) d Tyler Gourley (E) 2-0.
138: Matt Leise (Rey) p Gage Dalton 4:42; Jacob Riffe (Gv) d Zach Krein (CS) 9-3; Rodney Brant (Mer) p Shane Newell (FL) :46; Chris Enos (Sv) d Hunter Proctor (Cy) 4-1.
145: Taylor Ellis (Conn) p Jacob Kruize (I) :32; Aaron Jackson (Sae) d Jeremy Parsons (Mw) 7-0; Brad Malinowski (FL) d Jacob Rickert (Gv) 4-3; Andrew Campbell (Sh) d John Sims (H) 9-4.
152: Caleb Peterson (Co) p Matt Newara (HC) 2:15; Alex Shaffer (Mer) d Robbie Wilston (E) 7-1; Sebastian Rinehardt (Nw) d Lance Neuscheler (Sae) 3-0; Chet Simoni (GC) d Tyler Osborne (CP) 3-1.
160: Andrew Boylan (Sae) p Christian Bock (Gir) 5:29 OT; Derek Steetle (Fr) d Jordan Bryan (NE) by injury default; Gage Gladysz (Gv) p Clay Ruffo (Mer) 4:58; Josh Reinke (UC) d Jake Parsons (Mw) 5-0.
170: Marquis Spence (Lv) d Mohamed Messai (J) by injury default 2:40; Austin Moffett (Rey) p Zane Wolf (SR) 1:59; Shane Taubert (Cy) md Garrett Behringer (Nw) 8-0; Jeremy Mitchell (Sae) d Jack Middleton (FL) 3-0.
182: Stone Sivak (Y) d Alex Suydan (Cy) by injury default; Vitaliy Kleschevinikov (Gir) d Paul Beresford (Conn) by forfeit; Joe Hines (H) md Cody Thomas (UC) 11-3; Chris Mueller (Sv) d Ryan Brunson (Mer) 2-0.
195: Dan Geer (Fr) p Alex Ho (Gv) 3:25; Denton Zeronas (Rey) d Andrew Clayton (Lv) 3-1; Zach Stafford (CS) p Dan Daugherty (Gir) 1:25; Jake Johnson (E) d Garrett Reinwald (FL) 5-3.
220: Jeff Rial (Fr) p Colton Smith (Mer) 2:53; Ryan Cardman (Fv) d Storm McDonald (UC) 5-2; Tim Suydan (Cy) p Jake Llewellyn (Sv) 1:40; Keamus Schulen (J) p James Wilkerson 5:09 OT.
285: Nate Conti (FL) p Tim Galford (Mw) 2:43; Braden Gladysz (Gv) p Dylan Raines (E) 1:27; John Macken (Sae) p Evan Miller (Co) 4:19; Kaleb Robertson (Sv) p Brian Lipps (Conn) 1:11.
106 pounds: Isaac Bengel (FL) d Preston Hoover (Mer) 4-0; Evan Clayton (Lv) d Dustin Weilacher (UC) 10-3.
113: Bingbong Elizon (Sae) d Joey Safner (Gv) 10-5; Logan Gray (NE) d Brad Nowakowski (Sen) 6-2.
120: Cyle Yaple (Sen) d Nick Nottingham (Rey) 5-3; Daniel Simmerman (Mw) d Jake Heim (Lv) 9-2.
126: Dustin Tomcho (UC) d Adam Ballew (NE) 4-0; Jared Morrison (Co) d Adam Borgia (FL) 7-0.
132: Kroesen p McCray 2:52; Cianci p Heitzenrater :40.
138: Leise d Riffe 6-3 OT; Brant d Enos 6-2.
145: Ellis p Jackson 3:20; Malinowski md Campbell 9-1.
152: Peterson p Shaffer 3:55; Simoni d Rinehardt 2-1.
160: Boylan p Steetle 1:28; Reinke d Gladysz 1-0.
170: Spence d Moffett 7-5; Taubert d Mitchell 8-3.
182: Sivak p Kleschevinikov 2:19; Hines p Mueller 3:31.
195: Geer p Zeronas 3:56; Johnson d Stafford 5-4.
220: Cardman p Rial 4:30; Suydan d Schulen 5-4.
285: Gladysz d Conti 6-4 3OT; Robertson d Macken 3-1.
106 pounds: Bengel d Paxton 5-4; Clayton d Messai 5-0
113: Kline d Elizon 7-2; Carter d Gray 4-2.
120: Yaple d Huselton 4-2; Kuzma md Simmerman 12-2.
126: Monico d Tomcho 4-0; Lukowich md Morrison 10-0.
132: Kroesen d Walter 4-3; Cianci d Dennis 7-2.
138: Thurber d Leise 4-1; Hibbler d Brant 5-4.
145: Ellis p Maher 2:37; Malinowski d Head 2-1.
152: Harrington md Peterson 11-0; Simoni d Geer 4-3.
160: BuCher p Boylan 2:46; Millero d Reinke 6-3.
170: Matthews d Spence 5-3; Taubert d Miller 6-3.
182: J.Reynolds p Sivak 4:13; Hines d Stearns 5-2.
195: Geer d Hughes 3-1 OT; Johnson d Shappee 3-2.
220: Rickert d Cardman 7-0; Durlin p Suydan 1:40.
285: Breese d Gladysz 4-1; Ringer d Robertson 4-1.
106 pounds: Bengel d Clayton 5-1.
113: Carter d Kline 4-0.
120: Kuzma d Yaple 1-0.
126: Monico d Lukowich 1-0.
132: Kroesen d Cianci 5-3.
138: Hibbler d Thurber 7-5 OT.
145: Malinowski md Ellis 9-1.
152: Harrington d Simoni 5-0.
160: BuCher d Millero 4-2.
170: Taubert d Matthews 8-3.
182: J.Reynolds d Hines 4-3.
195: Johnson d Geer 6-2.
220: Rickert d Durlin 3-1
285: Breese d Ringer 6-2.
106 pounds: Paxton d Messai 8-5.
113: Gray p Elizon 1:49.
120: Huselton d Simmerman 9-5.
126: Morrison d Tomcho 6-4.
132: Walter d Dennis 6-2.
138: Leise p Brant 4:59.
145: Maher d Head 6-3.
152: Peterson p Geer 4:24.
160: Reinke md Boylan 9-1.
170: Miller d Spence 8-4.
182: Stearns p Sivak 4:41.
195: Hughes d Shappee 5-0.
220: Suydan d Cardman 4-2 OT.
285: Gladysz p Robertson 1:25.
* The Reynolds Raiders win their 19th District 10 Class AA team title with 204 1/2 points. Fort LeBoeuf was second at 139 and Saegertown third at 135. That’s all from Sharon.
* Slippery Rock star Forrest Christmann blanks defending heavyweight champion Jeff Burger of Union City 5-0 in the tournament’s final match.
* The anticipated 220 final goes to Fort LeBoeuf’s Evan Daley, who recorded a two-legged takedown from behind with 26 seconds left in overtime. Daley beat Cochranton rival and future Clarion University teammate Cam Cyphert 6-4.
* The only all-Erie County final goes to Seneca’s Trevor Beiter, who pinned Corry’s Ryan Morris at 1:34 of their 195 title match.
* Dylan Reynolds decisions Jamar Henry of Reynolds by a 7-3 score in the 182 final.
* Tim Vargo is the second Erie County finalist to win in overtime. Vargo takes down Cochranton’s Austin Andrews with 15 seconds left in the extra minute for a 4-2 decision at 170.
* Reynolds’ Austin Matthews (152) becomes a rare four-time District 10 champion, while Fort LeBoeuf’s Taylor Fox (160) wins his 100th career match with a 5-2 decision over Cochranton’s Ryan Northcott.
* Levi Stoyer (145) claims Reynolds’ second division title with a 3-1 decision over Cochranton standout Robert Boozer.
* Michael Bonner joins Sharon teammate Jarray Norris as a district champ by winning the 138 final with a 14-5 major decision over Saegertown’s Matt Humes.
* Seneca freshman Adam Fish ties his 132 final with Jamestown’s Nick Floch midway through the third period. Fish then takes advantage of the fatigued Muskie for a takedown with 11 seconds left in overtime for a 6-4 decision.
* Sharon’s Jarray Norris joins Vath as a two-time district champion. The 126-pound senior dictated the action throughout his 12-3 major decision over Mason McCollum of Reynolds.
* Tyler Vath of Saegertown becomes a two-time district champ thanks to his 10-6 victory over Northwestern’s Matt Wheeler in the 120 final.
* Mike Bartolo of Reynolds decisions Sharon’s Cody Buchanan 6-4 for the 113 championship.
* Saegertown’s Devin Brown wins the District 10 AA title at 106 pounds with a second-period pin of Reynolds’ Seth Hogue.
* The championship finals should now start around 5:15 p.m.
* The tournament’s consolation brackets are all decided thanks to heavyweight victories by Greenville’s Braden Gladysz (fifth) and Sam Breese of Lakeview (third).
* The all-Erie County fifth-place final at 220 goes to Corry’s Tim Suydan, who reversed Fairview’s Ryan Cardman in overtime for a 4-2 victory.
* Victorious in the 195 consy finals are Eisenhower’s Jake Johnson (third) and Sharpsville’s Cody Hughes (fifth).
* Maplewood junior Isaiah Stearns pins Youngsville’s Stone Sivak at 4:41 of their 182 third-place match.
* Shane Taubert takes third place at 170 pounds with an 8-3 decision over Chris Matthews of Franklin.
* Union City’s Josh Reinke places fifth at 160, while Sharpsville’s Ben BuCher records his 100th career victory in the third-place final.
* Fort LeBoeuf’s Taylor Harrington places third at 152 pounds with a 5-0 shutout of Grove City’s Chet Simoni. Cochranton senior Caleb Peterson records his 100th career victory to place fifth in that same division.
* Brad Malinowski will be District 10′s third seed at 145 pounds for next weekend’s Northwest Region meet. The Bison junior will do so thanks to his 9-1 major decision over Conneaut’s Taylor Ellis.
* Great consy finals at 138 saw Seneca’s Chris Hibbler record a reversal in overtime for a 7-5 decision against Jamestown’s Seth Thurber. Hibbler placed third, while Reynolds’ Matt Leise pinned Mercer’s Rodney Brant with one second left in regulation in the fifth-place final.
* Gavin Kroesen of West Middlesex placed third and Luke Walter of Grove City place fifth at 132.
* Like Kuzma, Saegertown’s Nick Monico also won his 126 third-place match with a 1-0 decision over Conneaut’s Kyle Lukowich.
* A single escape point was good enough for Fort LeBoeuf’s Tyler Kuzma to decision Seneca’s Cyle Yaple 1-0 for third place at 120.
* North East’s Logan Gray claims fifth place at 113, as does Fort LeBoeuf’s Jarrett Carter for third.
* Fort LeBoeuf’s Isaac Bengel decisioned Lakeview’s Evan Clayton 5-1 for third place at 106 pounds.
* The consolation finals started at 3:07 p.m.
* Updates will be idle until 3 p.m., when the third- and fifth-place finals take place.
* The consolation semifinals conclude with Gene Ringer of Reynolds and Sam Breese of Lakeview advancing to the third-place final at heavyweight.
* Fairview’s Ryan Cardman and Tim Suydan of Corry will vie for fifth place at 220.
* Corry’s Shane Taubert draws Franklin’s Chris Matthews in a 170 third-place final that would have taken place at Class AAA in recent seasons. Each program reverted to Class AA status this season.
* Union City’s Josh Reinke falls into the fifth-place final at 160, where he’ll next take on Andrew Boylan of Saegertown.
* Joining Malinowski in the third-place finals is teammate Taylor Harrington, who advanced at 152 with an 11-0 shutout of Cochranton’s Caleb Peterson. Harrington will face Grove City’s Chet Simoni.
* Fort LeBoeuf advances another entrant into a third-place final thanks to Brad Malinowski’s 2-1 decision over Eisenhower’s Louie Head at 145.
* Seneca freshman Chris Hibbler will take on Jamestown’s Seth Thurber for third place at 138.
* Maplewood’s Zak Dennis will meet Grove City’s Luke Walter in the fifth-place final at 132.
* Dropping into the fifth-place final at 126 is Union City’s Dustin Tomcho.
* Erie County rivals Cyle Yaple of Seneca and Tyler Kuzma of Fort LeBoeuf will vie for third place at 120.
* Advancing to third-place finals are Fort LeBoeuf’s Isaac Bengel (106 pounds) and Jarrett Carter (113).
* We’re at an intermission before the start of the consolation semifinals, which will determine who competes in the third- and fifth-place finals at 3 p.m.
* Jeff Burger of Union City can defend at the heavyweight division if he can beat Slippery Rock star Forrest Christmann.
* A rematch of the 220 championship final is set, as Evan Daley of Fort LeBoeuf will face future Clarion University teammate Cam Cyphert of Cochranton.
* Corry, back in the District 10 AA tournament for the first time since the mid-2000s, has a championship finalist in Ryan Morris. He’ll face Seneca’ Trevor Beiter for the 195 title.
* Saegetown’s Dylan Reynolds advances to the 182 championship final.
* We’re in a holding pattern as far as official results from the announcer’s table.
* Union City’s Tim Vargo remains once-beaten (19-1) thanks to his 15-6 major decision over Greenville’s Zach Miller in the 170 championship semifinals. Vargo will meet Cochranton’s Austin Andrews for the title. Consy winners in that division included Corry’s Shane Taubert.
* Fort LeBoeuf advances its first finalist in Taylor Fox, who decisioned Sharpsville’s Ben BuCher 3-2 in the 160 semifinals. Fox will face Cochranton’s Ryan Northcott. Saegertown’s Andrew Boylan and Josh Reinke of Union City were consolation victors in that weight class.
* Reynolds star Austin Matthews is six minutes away from a fourth District 10 title. The 2012 PIAA finalist dominated Fort LeBoeuf’s Taylor Harrington 10-1 in their 152 championship semifinal.
* Saegertown gets its third championship finalist when Matt Humes pins Jamestown’s Seth Thurber at 1:10 of their 138 semifinal. He’ll face Michael Bonner of the host Sharon Tigers.
* Freshman Adam Fish of Seneca broke open his 132 championship semifinal against Maplewood’s Zak Dennis late in the second period, and then guaranteed a berth in the title match with a pin at 5:13.
* Union City’s Dustin Tomcho is assured a berth in the Northwest Region tournament thanks to his 4-0 shutout of North East’s Adam Ballew in the 126 consy quarterfinals.
* Erie County has its first championship finalist, as Northwestern’s Matt Wheeler edges Fort LeBoeuf’s Tyler Kuzma 6-4 in their 120 semifinal. Wheeler will face returning district champion Tyler Vath of Saegertown.
* Fort LeBoeuf’s Jarrett Carter drops into the 113 consolation bracket after Reynolds’ Mike Bartolo decisioned him 5-2 in their championship semifinal.
* Wrestling for the District 10 title at 106 pounds will be Saegertown’s Devin Brown and Seth Hogue of Reynolds.
* The championship semifinals and the consolation quarterfinals will be simultaneously held.
* The first round on consolation matches end at 285. The heavyweight winners included Nate Conti of Fort LeBoeuf, who pinned Maplewood’s Tim Galford at 2:43.
* Erie County victors in the 220 consy first round are Ryan Cardman of Fairview and Tim Suydan of Corry.
* Jake Johnson of Eisenhower wins his 100th career match in the consy first round at 195.
* Girard junior Vitaliy Kleschevinikov doesn’t break a sweat at 182, as he advanced with a forfeit win over Conneaut’s Paul Beresford. He’ll take on Stone Sivak of Youngsville, who also advanced with an injury default.
* Corry’s Shane Taubert blanks Northwestern’s Garrett Behringer 8-0 in their 170 consy first-rounder.
* Josh Reinke of Union City moves on at 160 with a 5-0 shutout of Maplewood’s Jake Parsons. North East’s Jordan Bryan has his season end when he defaults his match against Franklin’s Derek Steetle because of a shoulder injury he suffered Friday night.
* Northwestern’s Sebastian Rinehardt eliminates Saegertown’s Lance Neuscheler with a 3-0 decision in their 152 consy match.
* Brad Malinowski of Fort LeBoeuf stays alive in the 145 consy bracket with a 4-3 decision over Greenville’s Jacob Rickert.
* Mercer County wrestlers sweep the consy first round at 138. Advancing are Matt Leise of Reynolds, Jacob Riffe of Greenville, Rodney Brant of Mercer and Chris Enos of Sharpsville.
* Erie County winners advancing in the 132 consy bracket are Girard’s Trevor McCray and Mack Heitzenrater of Harbor Creek.
* The matches will be starting roughly 10 minutes late.
* Matches will begin at 8:45 a.m. in the 132-pound division of the consolation bracket’s first round.