North East girls basketball coach Terry Frontino could always count on quality minutes from 5-foot 6-inch junior guard/forward Danielle Barnes.
Whether it was to play for a starter in foul trouble or to get another player a breather, Barnes was a steady fill-in. Barnes averaged 2 points per game but her defensive intensity is what lifted the Grapepickers.
She played extended first-half minutes against McGuffey in the first round of the PIAA playoffs while two starters were in foul trouble. North East went on to win 59-49. With seven seniors graduating in a few months, Barnes will be counted on to be a leader next season.
Who is the Breakout Girls Basketball Player of the Week?
- Danielle Barnes, North East (36%, 171 Votes)
- Michelle Jahn, General McLane (16%, 74 Votes)
- Tenasia Law, Franklin (11%, 52 Votes)
- McKenzie Popatak, Sharpsville (11%, 52 Votes)
- Karlee McBride, Villa Maria (8%, 40 Votes)
- Marissa Molnar, McDowell (6%, 29 Votes)
- Courtney Sargent, Kennedy Catholic (5%, 23 Votes)
- Holly Grober, Hickory (3%, 16 Votes)
- Abby Clulow, Cochranton (4%, 15 Votes)
Total Voters: 472