Boys tennis updates from Friday’s District 10 team tournament at Pennbriar Athletic Club. Earlier updates will appear in the previous entry section.
– Mike Copper
* Warren 3, Fairview 2. The Tigers won each of the doubles matches in three sets, but they weren’t enough to overcome the Dragons’ sweep of the singles.
* Warren 3, Fairview 1. The Tigers avoid a shutout when Jack Sundberg and Ken McGain won the No. 2 doubles in three sets.
* Warren 3, Fairview 0. The Dragons join Cathedral Prep in defending as District 10 champions. They’re guaranteed to repeat in Class AA thanks to Shane Burns, who held off the Tigers’ Jon Oskin 6-3, 6-4 in No. 1 singles.
* Warren 2, Fairview 0. Nate Sandberg joined his older brother in the victory column with a 6-0, 6-3 victory over the Tigers’ Ben Westcott.
* Warren 1, Fairview 0. The Dragons’ Matt Sandberg swept Andrew Levin 6-3, 6-1 in No. 2 singles.
* Prep will play North Allegheny, the second seed from District 7, in a PIAA Class AAA first-round dual next Tuesday at Pennbriar.
* Cathedral Prep 5, McDowell 0. The Ramblers completed their shutout with Nicholas Ward’s three-set win over the Trojans’ T.J. DeSanto in No. 1 singles.
* Cathedral Prep 4, McDowell 0. The Ramblers’ Nate Estes rallies for a 4-6, 6-4, 6-3 victory over McDowell’s Chris Jiuliante in No. 3 singles.
* Cathedral Prep 3, McDowell 0. The Ramblers clinched the 2013 District 10 Class AAA team title thanks to a 6-0, 3-6, 6-1 victory for their No. 1 doubles team of Andrew Dinger and Jonathan Prichard.
* The Class AA final between Warren and Fairview will start roughly 20 minutes early.
* Cathedral Prep 2, McDowell 0. Michal Prenovitz pulled the Ramblers within one victory of defending as the Class AAA champions with his 6-4, 6-3 victory over McDowell’s Nick Donovan in No. 2 singles.
* Cathedral Prep 1, McDowell 0. The Ramblers got on the board first with Blaine Prichard and Michael Clark winning their No. 2 doubles match 6-1, 6-4.
* Starting in singles for McDowell are T.J. DeSanto, Nick Donovan and Chris Jiuliante. Starting in doubles are Jay Rathinavelu/Ben Bongutu and Logan Williams/Julian Minichelli.
* Starting in singles for Prep will be Nicholas Ward, Michal Prenovitz and Nate Estes. Starting in doubles are Andrew Dinger/Jonathan Prichard and Blaine Prichard/Michael Clark.
* The Class AAA final is due up next, with Cathedral Prep taking on McDowell.
* Harbor Creek was eliminated at 10-5. Its semifinal against Warren was the program’s first appearance in district team play.
* The Class AA finalists have been determined. Fairview beat Hickory and Warren beat Harbor Creek, each by 5-0 scores in the morning semifinals.