It’s hard to stand out on a girls basketball team loaded with talent. Rachel Burns manages to do that for No. 4 Kennedy Catholic.
Burns is third on the team in scoring with 10.9 points per game, but her leadership has proved to be valuable for not only basketball but each sport she plays for the Golden Eagles.
This past week, Burns scored 20 points in a 71-32 win over Commodore Perry and has developed a knack for a big play or big game whenever Kennedy needed a boost this season.
Who is the Breakout Girls Basketball Player of the Week?
- Rachel Burns, Kennedy Catholic (26%, 363 Votes)
- Taylor Lindquist, McDowell (20%, 274 Votes)
- Karlee McBride, Villa Maria (13%, 176 Votes)
- Karmella Kienholz, Harbor Creek (10%, 132 Votes)
- Jaimie Eaton, Warren (8%, 104 Votes)
- Lindsey Jahn, General McLane (4%, 58 Votes)
- Haley Schaef, Northwestern (4%, 53 Votes)
- Sarah Graham, Seneca (3%, 47 Votes)
- Holly Grober, Hickory (3%, 42 Votes)
- Victoria Harrison, Commodore Perry (2%, 34 Votes)
- Corianne Hyduchak, Grove City (2%, 34 Votes)
- Tanayja Sanders, Sharon (2%, 33 Votes)
- Alanna Elliott, Wilmington (3%, 31 Votes)
Total Voters: 1,381