Although he doesn’t have the motivation of competing against his older brother this spring, Greg Miaczynski is putting together a terrific junior season.
This past week, the Central Tech sprinter won both hurdle races at the North East Invitational. He ran the 110 hurdles in 15.4 seconds and the 300 hurdles in 40.1 seconds. He also took second in the 200 with a time of 23.2 seconds.
Miaczynski then won both hurdles races Wednesday in a region meet with East and Strong Vincent and has plenty of momentum heading into districts.
Who is the Breakout Male Track and Field Athlete of the Week?
- Greg Miaczynski, Central Tech (36%, 219 Votes)
- Ryan Smathers, North East (29%, 179 Votes)
- Dalton Zebrak, Iroquois (10%, 60 Votes)
- Kyle McKeen, Northwestern (10%, 59 Votes)
- Daniel Jaskowak, Grove City (4%, 23 Votes)
- Clay Allen, West Middlesex (3%, 20 Votes)
- Clayton Stoyer, Reynolds (3%, 16 Votes)
- Matt Bell, Hickory (3%, 16 Votes)
- Jesse Ragon, Oil City (2%, 11 Votes)
- Johnathon Jacoway, Sharon (0%, 11 Votes)
Total Voters: 614