Iroquois senior Dalton Zebrak never stopped improving as a distance runner during his high school career. In fact, he saved his best time for his final meet.
Zebrak ran a personal-record time of 4 minutes, 18.49 seconds at the PIAA Class AA track and field championships Saturday to place third. Zebrak also took second at the District 10 Class AA championships with a 4:27.00.
His top highlight of the regular season came at the Baldwin Invitiational, where he placed first in the 1,600 among a talented field of 88 runners.
In the fall, he will attend Slippery Rock University where he hopes to continue running fast times for the track team.
Who is the Breakout Track and Field Male Athlete of the Week?
- Dalton Zebrak, Iroquois (35%, 121 Votes)
- Clay Allen, West Middlesex (14%, 49 Votes)
- Matt Bell, Hickory (13%, 45 Votes)
- Daniel Jaskowak, Grove City (8%, 27 Votes)
- John Yohman, Wilmington (8%, 27 Votes)
- Nico Zahniser, Greenville (6%, 22 Votes)
- Ryan Thompson, Slippery Rock (3%, 11 Votes)
- Johnathon Jacoway, Sharon (3%, 10 Votes)
- Jeremy Jancso, West Middlesex (3%, 9 Votes)
- John Mudrey, Hickory (2%, 8 Votes)
- Zach Porterfield, Sharon (2%, 7 Votes)
- Tyler Donati, Wilmington (2%, 7 Votes)
- Luke Lewis, Hickory (1%, 6 Votes)
Total Voters: 349